PDA

View Full Version : Idea for an App

bonsaidetective
Jun 9, 2011, 11:53 AM
I have a cool idea for an App that would be indispensable to live audio techs. I don't have any experience in programming. The closest I've done is applescript and filemaker. Should I teach myself to write apps or find someone to do it for me? How hard is it to make a simple audio app? I really need this app.

Peteman100
Jun 9, 2011, 12:39 PM
I have a cool idea for an App that would be indispensable to live audio techs. I don't have any experience in programming. The closest I've done is applescript and filemaker. Should I teach myself to write apps or find someone to do it for me? How hard is it to make a simple audio app? I really need this app.

If you're planning to sell it, I would hire a professional. If its only for your own use, programming yourself could be a good learning experience.

Shawnpk
Jun 9, 2011, 10:32 PM

It depends how simple "simple" is. In my learning experience, nothing was simple. Everything look like some alien language to me. Eventually though (about 8 months later) everything clicked.