PDA

View Full Version : New Xcode 4 Help

Jun 9, 2011, 03:43 PM
Hi Guys

New to the forum and grateful i have found it. I am working on a project for work which basically consists of having an iPad be 'the hub' of the restaurant. Its quite exciting and i am looking forward to it and picked up my brand new macbook pro today so looking to crack on.

I am an xcode newbie but a fast learner and can pick up and learn details myself, but i was wondering if there is anyone out there who might be interested in being 'a friendly adviser'? Be handy to have someone to talk to when in desperate need such as over Skype, Gmail Chat or anything, i am flexible.

If you are interested and wouldnt mind supporting a newbie in this, please let me know and i would be most grateful.

Thanks again

Jason.

PatrickCocoa
Jun 9, 2011, 04:56 PM
Sounds like a fun project.

My advice is to get some sample code from Apple's site that closely matches what you want to do. Compile and run it.

Then: Make one change (put in your company's logo or menu). Compile and run it. Show it to your boss. Loop until you run out of time or they fire you.

Your biggest problem with project will be trying to do too much, and not being able to deliver. Make sure you always have a running version. Stick with basic functionality.

Shawnpk
Jun 9, 2011, 10:19 PM
Hi Guys

New to the forum and grateful i have found it. I am working on a project for work which basically consists of having an iPad be 'the hub' of the restaurant. Its quite exciting and i am looking forward to it and picked up my brand new macbook pro today so looking to crack on.

I am an xcode newbie but a fast learner and can pick up and learn details myself, but i was wondering if there is anyone out there who might be interested in being 'a friendly adviser'? Be handy to have someone to talk to when in desperate need such as over Skype, Gmail Chat or anything, i am flexible.

If you are interested and wouldnt mind supporting a newbie in this, please let me know and i would be most grateful.

Thanks again

Jason.

I'm happy to help.

Jun 10, 2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the advice.

And awesome, do you have skype or anything?