PDA

View Full Version : new drag lock gesture

innominato5090
Jun 9, 2011, 04:29 PM
have you notice that drag to lock has gone from the last developer preview of lion? now, if you want to select some text, you have to use three fingers!

now, that's cool enough till you realize that most of the apps that supports gestures (Reeder, Pulp, Twitter, those are the first I remember) use three fingers' that have stopped working!...

I imagine developers have to re-write app using two fingers' gestures (like safari's "back")

garysday
Jun 11, 2011, 10:32 AM
Yes, this sucks ...

I want my single tap Drag Lock back !!! :)

G

baryon
Jun 11, 2011, 12:12 PM
You can enable it in "Universal Access > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad Options" apparently... (can't verify as I don't have Lion)

MacManiac76
Jun 11, 2011, 12:26 PM
You can enable it in "Universal Access > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad Options" apparently... (can't verify as I don't have Lion)

Yeah, the option is definitely there. Things are really going to be confusing for a lot of users when using Lion for the first time as so many options have been moved to new places in System Preferences.

innominato5090
Jun 12, 2011, 01:11 AM
actually after a couple days of use I like it, much quicker to select and drag stuff! my major problem with it is that all the three finger gestures are gone. no gestures in twitter nor in reeder. and this sucks. so maybe i'll eventually switch back to the old drag lock. :)

garysday
Jun 12, 2011, 01:35 PM
Thx Baryon ... Works a treat ... Got No idea what the hell it's doing in UA rather than trackpad though !!!

innominato5090
Jun 25, 2011, 02:26 PM

enabling that disable 3 fingers drag lock. which is very handy (and indispensable too, there's no way I can live without it)

to be clear, there's no way to activate the older double-tap-to-lock-drag gesture

Magnum Opus
Jun 25, 2011, 02:43 PM
enabling that disable 3 fingers drag lock. which is very handy (and indispensable too, there's no way I can live without it)

to be clear, there's no way to activate the older double-tap-to-lock-drag gesture

there doesn't appear to be an option, but I have it enabled, so there must be a way of activating it

Xenc
Jul 3, 2011, 04:09 PM

Enabling tap dragging (with or without drag lock) does not disable 3 finger dragging. The only thing that disables 3 finger dragging is 3 finger swiping for navigating backward and forward in apps.

CraigsRealTv
Aug 2, 2011, 01:45 AM
I am trying to drag Multiple files around... but I can not keep pressing down on the track pad to get ALL these files into a new folder... I went into preferences and found the drag lock set up.

But I am BAFFLED still!... I don't seem to know how to activate this!

I just want to multiple select items and drag them WITHOUT keeping PRESSURE on the trackpad!

I have read all your posts but still confused as I can't seem to make this work for me..

Can ANYONE please help?

Thanxs
Craig

kuwisdelu
Aug 2, 2011, 01:48 AM
I am trying to drag Multiple files around... but I can not keep pressing down on the track pad to get ALL these files into a new folder... I went into preferences and found the drag lock set up.

But I am BAFFLED still!... I don't seem to know how to activate this!

I just want to multiple select items and drag them WITHOUT keeping PRESSURE on the trackpad!

I have read all your posts but still confused as I can't seem to make this work for me..

Can ANYONE please help?

Thanxs
Craig

If that's your problem, just click the lower part of the trackpad with one finger, and use another finger to move the cursor. OS X will register the click and will register your other finger's movement as the cursor motion. (Basically, treat the lower portion of the trackpad as a regular button, and don't worry that it's also part of the trackpad. The OS will be able to tell that you want to use the other finger to move the cursor.)

CraigsRealTv
Aug 2, 2011, 08:52 AM
thank you very much for your response...

but I am still baffled..

all i want to do is move several folders around without having to press down hard on the track pad...

this seems like it should be so simple...

i am really feeling stupid..

going to attempt find some software?.. that might help me do this

thank you though

eckndu
Aug 16, 2011, 01:56 PM
thank you very much for your response...

but I am still baffled..

all i want to do is move several folders around without having to press down hard on the track pad...

this seems like it should be so simple...

i am really feeling stupid..

going to attempt find some software?.. that might help me do this

thank you though

I have everything selected in the point n click section.

if i want to move any window around, i move the cursor to a window's top title section (like we do so in ms win or 10.6) then just move with 3 fingers. no need to click, or tap.

once the initial move is triggered, you can lift 2 fingers and use only 1 finger to move the window around. effortless

CraigsRealTv
Aug 19, 2011, 01:03 PM
Thank you for your HELP... I have finally figured it out... I just have to ever so gently tap the pad to get control and HOLD on the mouse...

Thanxs again for your inout and help though.
Craig Amabello

Basilimo
Aug 29, 2011, 02:18 AM
My fingers dont seem to be smart enough to 'lock' the drag with one finger while I drag files across my screen with another on the same hand. Is there perhaps a button on the keyboard I could press with my other hand - that would lock the drag - while I actually drag the files using my trackpad?

*nickm*
Oct 5, 2011, 02:15 PM
To be more specific with the above poster's comments.

You can enable it in "Universal Access > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad Options" > Check Dragging ("with Drag Lock")