Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richardsonrs

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Finally

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I’d also like the feature maps.google.com has, where you can drag the route to avoid/approach desired areas. Perfect for touch.

Ulf1103

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

nagromme said:
I’d also like the feature maps.google.com has, where you can drag the route to avoid/approach desired areas. Perfect for touch.

That would be nice, and handy

Carpe Discus

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2008
San Diego
Personally hoping for bicycle routes myself, but looking at the screenshot it seems unlikely. Equally unlikely is the possibility that someone in charge of the feature set is looking at this comment and considering the change, but I might as well try.

Zerafiall

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
Colorado Springs
Personally hoping for bicycle routes myself, but looking at the screenshot it seems unlikely. Equally unlikely is the possibility that someone in charge of the feature set is looking at this comment and considering the change, but I might as well try.

That would be great, I ride my bike all over colorado spring and hate have to zoom way in or scout out the road ahead of time to see if there's a good bike route.

pdwickizer

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2011
Bike routes

Use Safari and go to maps.google.com and you can get the bike routes. It will also let you save an "App" icon to the screen.

jocamero

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Take a look at the Garmin Edge 800. It specifically creates routes for bicycling and can re-route on the fly. I love my iPhone, but when I'm on the bike, the Edge works great.

That would be great, I ride my bike all over colorado spring and hate have to zoom way in or scout out the road ahead of time to see if there's a good bike route.

Graverubber

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2011
Take a look at the Garmin Edge 800. It specifically creates routes for bicycling and can re-route on the fly. I love my iPhone, but when I'm on the bike, the Edge works great.

Paying $500 for something I want for free kinda defeats the purpose of whining.

akonikui

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Route 2!

gumgl

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010

Actually no, because dragging somewhere on the map currently moves you around. I think many people would be confused/frustrated when they will drag to move to somewhere and the route will have changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.