Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

In-Correct

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
DFW, TX USA
Never mind about the first question. I am guessing it is because of a bad PRAM battery or something like that.

My only concern now is, will Mac OS 9 install on a hard drive that does not have OS 9 drivers? :confused:

Last edited:

lbmontez

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2011
Texas
Never mind about the first question. I am guessing it is because of a bad PRAM battery or something like that.

My only concern now is, will Mac OS 9 install on a hard drive that does not have OS 9 drivers? :confused:

It should...you'll most likely have to do a clean install if you're wanting to do it as your main os, otherwise X will just install 9 as the background client to allow os9 software to run.

In-Correct

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
DFW, TX USA
Oh:

It should...you'll most likely have to do a clean install if you're wanting to do it as your main os, otherwise X will just install 9 as the background client to allow os9 software to run.

Okay... Perhaps I wasn't using the correct CD. I am cleaning today, and found a different CD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.