PDA

View Full Version : Lion and Mini DisplayPort

DotsonK29
Jun 9, 2011, 10:35 PM
I am hoping someone can help me, I have been trying to figure this out for a bit now. I started off with Lion DP2 on my Macbook (Late 2008) when it came out and upgraded to DP3 and DP4 once they were released. The only issue I have seemed to find is that sudden lack of a working Mini DisplayPort.

I have tried my MDP to HDMI and MDP to VGA attachment with no success, but yet they still work on other Macs. In the system profile I see...

Display Connector:

Thunderbolt: No hardware was found.

I have tried to find an answer to no avail. I am hoping the wise users of this forum can help with this issue. I am wondering if there is a file I can rip off my SL disc to overwrite a possible corrupt file in Lion. (but I have no clue where to look for that)

Any help would be appreciated.

Galaxas0
Jun 9, 2011, 11:27 PM
Fresh install DP4. I had a similar problem with Lion crashing whenever I plugged in even an empty mini DP adapter, so doing this fixed it. :]

DotsonK29
Jun 10, 2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks I will try that this weekend.

I was also wondering if it was maybe a corrupted .plist file, but no clue where to look for that. I am hoping a fresh install will help fix this issue.

I will post results here.

DotsonK29
Jun 11, 2011, 03:44 PM
I tried fresh installs of both Lion DP4, Lion DP2 and Snow Leopard. Half tempted to do a fresh install of Leopard, but I doubt that will fix the issue. I think that I might have a bigger issue than a software glitch.

Time to go buy that 17" MBP. (grabs wallet) (looks) Ehhh, maybe in a few paychecks.

aldejesus
Jun 14, 2011, 12:04 AM
I tried fresh installs of both Lion DP4, Lion DP2 and Snow Leopard. Half tempted to do a fresh install of Leopard, but I doubt that will fix the issue. I think that I might have a bigger issue than a software glitch.

Time to go buy that 17" MBP. (grabs wallet) (looks) Ehhh, maybe in a few paychecks.

I'm having similar issues with my MBP 2011, the HDMI adapter works, and the VGA connector does not work. I'll try a fresh install.

Dflowersjr
Aug 3, 2011, 12:15 AM
I was wondering if any had this issue with Lion? When I hook my mini dp to hdmi cable up to my tv and try to go into full screen the display goes back to the Macbook pro. In Snow Leopard this worked fine but now with Lion the only way to make it full screen on the TV is stretch it Manually? Help please or do I have to wait for an update.
Using a Macbook pro 2011 Quad core i7