PDA

View Full Version : FS: 15" 1.25GHz Powerbook with iPod, iCurve and more.

aesthetician
Mar 23, 2005, 02:52 PM
Apple PowerBook G4 15 inch screen, a 1.25 GHz processor, an 80GB, 5400 rpm hard drive, 512MB ram (2 X 256mb, apple original, maximum 2GB), SuperDrive, and Mac 10.3.8 Panther operating system.

Asking price for the whole deal: $1700 obo

The computer has an illuminated keyboard, AirPort Extreme, BlueTooth, Firewire 400 and 800, Gigabit Ethernet, 56k V.92 modem, two USB 2.0 ports, a card slot, DVI out, and S video out. The battery still holds a very good charge… I can tell no difference than when it was first purchased, as it has been plugged in and powered by the AC Adapter 99% of the time.

The computer is slightly over one year old. This machine was purchased after Apple had addressed the 'white spot' screen issue, and the screen on this machine is perfect. The lid of this machine has a very slight bow to it. This is quite common with the aluminum PowerBooks, it was this way when it came from the Apple Store and has absolutely no effect on the function of this machine. Most people won't even notice it, but I want to be sure I point out everything to be as fair as possible. There are no dents, and the machine has been meticulously cared for since it was new.

This sale includes everything that originally came with the computer: retail box, included software, power supply, manuals, and all cords/adapters.

iPod - 1st generation 5gb
I have had this iPod for years, and I now have a new mini so it is time for this one to go. The iPod has been used and it looks like it… there are minor scuffs and scratches, but it still works fine. I use it a few hours a day without the battery dying. That being said, the iPod is being included in this sale as a BONUS… and is being included 'as is'. Included with the iPod is the box, the AC Adapter and Firewire cable.

Griffin iCurve
Also included in this sale are many extras. First you will be getting an iCurve laptop stand. This is a nice accessory for anyone who wants to raise the PowerBook off the desk for better airflow and extended life.

Apple Keyboard + Mouse
Next, you will get an Apple keyboard and mouse (as seen in the pictures.) The mouse was purchased new with this computer, so you will be getting the box. Combining the iCurve with the mouse and keyboard makes this machine a very nice 'home base'.

Laptop Case
I will also be including a Targus laptop bag. This laptop has rarely left my desk, but when it has it has been carefully stored in this bag. There is plenty room for the computer, cables, etc.

Why am I selling?
Many of you will wonder why I am selling this machine. Well, I have decided to switch to a desktop system. Last year I decided that I would benefit most from the portability of a laptop, but I have rarely taken it off my desk. So now I am looking for a desktop Mac. I will consider trades for an iMac G5 20" in like new condition with some extra goodies (RAM or bluetooth, etc.)

Pictures of everything!
Pictures of everything can be found online at the following address:
http://www.whiteowlstudio.com/pbook

Cypher3
Mar 23, 2005, 02:54 PM
Would you be interested in a trade for the PB only, and how much are you asking for the PB by itself?

Indohottie
Mar 23, 2005, 03:00 PM
Would you be interested in selling the icurve?

let me know

Frank

aesthetician
Mar 23, 2005, 03:06 PM
I am basically looking for an iMac G5 20" and nothing else. I have a dual 1.8 G5 tower at home, but need something for the studio.

I have not considered selling only the Powerbook but am more than willing to hear offers.

By the way, I corrected the link to the photos, so everyone should be able to access everything. Sorry about that.

Thanks,
Brad.

jeremy.king
Mar 23, 2005, 04:36 PM
This auction

Problems on eBay? Do you have any seller references?

aesthetician
Mar 23, 2005, 04:47 PM
being a photographer and graphic designer i have plenty of references on both ebay and fredmiranda.com (for those digital photographers out there)

ebay userid: suspect007
fm userid: greygiant

i had listed this machine on ebay, but it doesn't seem to be generating much interest (perhaps my ebay price is too high?) so i am checking out other avenues.

more than anything i am just anxious to get a new mac... like all of us are :rolleyes: no need for portability (although i was certain that i would use the powerbook all the time i am too afraid to scratch it or beat it up.)

regards,
brad.

aesthetician
Mar 23, 2005, 11:13 PM
If anyone wants to make an offer please feel free... you won't offend me. I would also like to hear from anyone out there who could suggest a more reasonable price. I want to get this Powerbook sold so I can satisfy my craving for that 20" iMac. :wink:

Thanks,
Brad.

crdean1
Mar 26, 2005, 10:16 AM
I'll give you $20 (including shipping) for the iCurve through paypal. Are there any scratches or anything on it.

Thanks. Let me know.