Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mms13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Hi everyone. I just released a new iOS app and would really appreciate some feedback! You can download it here for 99 cents. The app is called Shuffle+, and it provides a unique way to shuffle your iPod library while being able to view and control what songs are coming up next.

Please check it out and let me know what you think here and/or in an app store review!

Thank you!

Last edited:

mms13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Here are some screenshots that show off the functionality:

EVCHe.png

As you can see, the current playing song is displayed up top, but I've swiped forward to see that The Beatles are coming up next. Now, if I want, I can either remove Eleanor Rigby to prevent it from playing, or I can skip straight to it.

The gestures to perform these actions are customizable as shown here:
LdgPJ.png

You can set any action to be swipe up or down, 2 finger swipe up or down, double tap, or shake.

Last edited:

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Maybe a bug. If I swipe up for a new song I cannot swipe down to go back or undo. Once I swipe up to see the next song it starts to play and I cannot swipe back or down to go to the previous song. Seems the shuffle starts new after the swipe up and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Ugh I don't know how to edit with Tapatalk. Closing the app does not stop the music. You need to open iPod then stop the music them close iPod too. User error?

mms13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Maybe a bug. If I swipe up for a new song I cannot swipe down to go back or undo. Once I swipe up to see the next song it starts to play and I cannot swipe back or down to go to the previous song. Seems the shuffle starts new after the swipe up and play.

The swipe up gesture is for removing songs. If you swipe up on the current playing song, it will skip to the next track (effectively 'deleting' it). The point of the app is to swipe to the left repeatedly to see what songs are coming up next. If you see one you want to skip ahead of time, then you swipe up. Or you can swipe forward until you find one you want to play - and then double tap.

Ugh I don't know how to edit with Tapatalk. Closing the app does not stop the music. You need to open iPod then stop the music them close iPod too. User error?

The music is supposed to continue playing. That is the point of multitasking...so you can keep listening to the music while doing other things in the background. If you want to stop the music you can do it either in the app (pause button), or via the iPod app (because my app plays through iPod)

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Thanks for the clarification. Of course I know about Multi tasking. But I am closing the app via the task bar, holding the icon until I can touch the red icon to close it. The music keeps playing even though no app seems to be open. Double clicking the home button confirms your app isn't there and thus not open.

mms13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Thanks for the clarification. Of course I know about Multi tasking. But I am closing the app via the task bar, holding the icon until I can touch the red icon to close it. The music keeps playing even though no app seems to be open. Double clicking the home button confirms your app isn't there and thus not open.

Oh yeah I'm aware of that. Technically it plays all the music through the iPod app, so that's why closing it out via the multitask bar doesn't stop it. Do you think most people prefer if the music stopped? Cause I could easily update that.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Oh yeah I'm aware of that. Technically it plays all the music through the iPod app, so that's why closing it out via the multitask bar doesn't stop it. Do you think most people prefer if the music stopped? Cause I could easily update that.

To be honest, I expected the music to stop when I closed the app. The reason why is because I did not open the ipod app first and then yours, only yours. So my expectation is/was, if I close your app, I should not have to open the ipod app after to stop the music. I suppose I could pause the music and then close your app....but then it seems like something is running in the back ground that I am unaware of.

BTW, I showed your app to a few coworkers just now, they loved it, downloads coming.

WildGuess

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2010
Just tried it out. Nice. Don't change anything yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.