PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a case...

Nishi100
Jun 10, 2011, 04:17 PM
I, currently, have the Targus 360 rotating case, which I am planning on returning and need to find a case for the iPad 2.

- I would like it to have the same sort of texture of the Targus or STM Skinny - not 'too leather' / reflective;
- I would like it to be the same thickness as the STM Skinny (keeps the iPad looking thin);
- But, it has to cover the whole iPad - no gaps at the bottom / top like the Skinny;
- I would like it to look quite neat (not massive camera holes / volume rocker holes off);
- Obviously, I would like it to be relatively cheap, max price: 75.

The STM Skinny is almost perfect; however the gaps at the top / bottom ruin it for me.

Thanks.

3goldens
Jun 10, 2011, 05:20 PM
Here's a thought, do some research here on the forum, by way of reading and sifting through the threads in order to see what folks like and dont like.

Your the one that has to live with it, so do some work to find it like the rest of us have!

glen e
Jun 10, 2011, 05:26 PM
Here's a thought, do some research here on the forum, by way of reading and sifting through the threads in order to see what folks like and dont like.

Your the one that has to live with it, so do some work to find it like the rest of us have!

exactly - do some research as mostly what you will get here with a question like this is "buy the case I own (or sell) " - and by researching you can get a lot more info...

3goldens
Jun 10, 2011, 05:30 PM
exactly - do some research as mostly what you will get here with a question like this is "buy the case I own (or sell) " - and by researching you can get a lot more info...

That's what I'm talking about!

good luck!

Blorzoga
Jun 10, 2011, 05:37 PM
That's what I'm talking about!

good luck!

Why don't the two of you (3goldens and glen e) just ignore the posts that you feel might not be appropriate and just respond to posts that interest you. Your scolding responses are getting very annoying. If someone wants to post a question, it's no skin off your backs.

I, currently, have the Targus 360 rotating case, which I am planning on returning and need to find a case for the iPad 2.

- I would like it to have the same sort of texture of the Targus or STM Skinny - not 'too leather' / reflective;
- I would like it to be the same thickness as the STM Skinny (keeps the iPad looking thin);
- But, it has to cover the whole iPad - no gaps at the bottom / top like the Skinny;
- I would like it to look quite neat (not massive camera holes / volume rocker holes off);

The STM Skinny is almost perfect; however the gaps at the top / bottom ruin it for me.

Thanks.

The Skinny IS perfect. It may not cover parts of the iPad, but the corners protect the device perfectly. You might want to reconsider.

VietNam
Jun 10, 2011, 09:20 PM
I totally agreed with you Blorzoga, especially 3golden, he has never posted anything that is positive or up-lifting to others. If someone is new or doesnt know how to search or even if he/she does not want to do so, it is ok to do a new post without asking ur permission to do so and if you have no info to provide them then just dont respond to it, it doesnt do any good for you to post a scolding reply beside making you looked like a jerk. That is all i have to say.

club1820
Jun 10, 2011, 11:48 PM
I, currently, have the Targus 360 rotating case, which I am planning on returning

Curious,why are u returning targus?

Nishi100
Jun 11, 2011, 06:49 AM
Curious,why are u returning targus?

I wasn't going to return it until the strap started to fray, and I would like a thinner one anyway.

---

The two cases that I'm considering are the STM Skinny, and the Yoobao case. I'm leaning to the STM, even though its less protective than the Yoobao, as the texture is nicer, and it's less shiny - which, IMO, looks cheap (the Yoobao's shininess looks cheap).

VietNam
Jun 11, 2011, 08:47 AM
I di have a Targus case before, it provided good protection overall but also quite heavy(not bulky) and does not have auto sleep/ wakw funtion. I also dont like the blueish lining inside, it looked dirty very quickly.:)

3goldens
Jun 11, 2011, 10:23 AM
I totally agreed with you Blorzoga, especially 3golden, he has never posted anything that is positive or up-lifting to others. If someone is new or doesnt know how to search or even if he/she does not want to do so, it is ok to do a new post without asking ur permission to do so and if you have no info to provide them then just dont respond to it, it doesnt do any good for you to post a scolding reply beside making you looked like a jerk. That is all i have to say.
You joined in April of 2011 and you make a statement about another member like this:
"he has never posted anything that is positive or up-lifting to others."

Do some research my friend.
The only thing I am going to say in response to your other directly directly nasty if not naive comments, is that I'm not here to be any members therapist or uplifter, you want to do that's totally cool, not my thing.

Clearly, you also never took the time to READ the FAQ, which is there for all new members who join the community to learn how to the make the best use of the forums, the rules and regulations, do's and don't's .

Willy Nilly needless thread starting, I don't recall that being a part of the FAQ's, perhaps you could point that out for me. It's not OK to needlessly start a thread just cause your being lazy or don't know how to do a search.

There probably should be a sub section dedicated to the New Users looking for these kind of answers, and directing them to how to search for their answers. But perhaps you would like to take that role on by starting a newcomers thread!

Learning how to use any forum is the new members responsibility. I did it, I would have hoped you did, thought that's not clear by your answers. Most members get annoyed by double, triple and quadruple threads on the same subject and do not go for the argument of hey, post whatever you want if your a new member.

My thing as a member of this community and for many more years than you, by the way, is to state my case as I see it, directly. Sorry if that is personally offense to you.

What I am seeing is way too many folks not reading the FAQ's provided by the forums, and not taking the time to learn how to do the simplest of things like a search. The answers to most of these questions are all out there ten times over.

Being a productive member of this community means taking the time to understand how to participate in a productive way and I don't think dedicating a new thread to a subject that has been clearly discussed before, or the information has already been posted, is being helpful to the rest of us that have to weed thru all the help me find a case thread because the poster is just been lazy and not taking the time to do hios or her own research into what case will serve their needs.

And in response to Blorzoga:
"Your scolding responses are getting very annoying"

You thought that was scolding, WOW....
My comments are not either directed at you or intended to annoy you. I am terribly sorry for that, please accept my deepest and most profound apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

Have you ever considered starting a thread dedicated to these kinds of
"Help Me" requests and to personally reply to all of them?
That way the rest of us would not have to put up with the continued reoccurring redundancy of these totally unproductive threads.

VietNam
Jun 11, 2011, 11:16 AM
Yes i just join in april 2011 but i noticed right away whenever i see any post with 3 dogs, it is going to be negative. You have been a old old old member so what? Does it give you a right to scold people, i dont think so, it is up to forum staff to let those new ones know where to search or do whatever they need to do. You certaintly have no better things to do beside sitting there all day, waiting for newbies to start something then go right at it. I am so done with you and dont even try to reply tovthis cuz i wont read it

bowlerman625
Jun 11, 2011, 12:32 PM
Check out Brookstone (brookstone.com)

Nice selection of cases!

Nishi100
Jun 11, 2011, 01:33 PM
<snip>

I have read the reviews on YouTube, and been through some of the different threads about different cases; I did a search after you commanded me to: unfortunately, it didn't come up with anything: nobody had made a thread searching for a case with the same sort of texture of the Targus or STM Skinny - not 'too leather' / reflective; moderately thin case, with no gaps, which isn't 'messy.' And, intimidating new users, or even older ones, to search about a specific question is completely and utterly pointless; I obviously did do my research (how else would I know about the STM and Yoobao cases?)

There isn't a question like mine: a person may want a wrap which is thin; I want a case, which is thin. I have done my research, however, I can't look at every single case in the world; can I? I didn't know about 'brookstone', BTW: Thanks bowlerman625. A forum is to discuss, and to ask questions. There wouldn't be any questions if everyone just searched.

Yeah, there may be a thread like mine. For example, the flash debate: a discussion in 2007 would be different to a discussion in 2011.

A forum is a forum, I can ask what I want - there's no other thread like this. You may have seen the title 'I'm looking for a case' a million times before; however, you've probably never seen a question like this: each person has his / her own specific needs, and it's not up to you to say, 'well, this thread has been done at a time, here have a look a this thread (the thread may be a parent looking for a case to protect the iPad from their children).

That way the rest of us would not have to put up with the continued reoccurring redundancy of these totally unproductive threads.

How is this unproductive? I've been shown a website with a couple of cases that are protective (no gaps), and a quite thin. It may be unproductive to you - but to me, I've also found a user that feels the STM Skinny is plenty protective.

The only unproductive person here to you; changing this thread from a simple link / recommendation to an argument about how this is unproductive.

Have you read the rules?

Insults. - No, not me.
Harassment. Purposely intimidating a particular member - Yeah, that's you - you find this thread unproductive, as you've seen so many like this (if you have any threads where a person asked for a thin, cover-all, texture like the STM, feel free to link them); and you're now saying that
Multiple registration.
Hoaxes.
Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. - You're causing negative reactions.

It's not OK to needlessly start a thread just cause your being lazy or don't know how to do a search.

I'm not lazy - I've looked everywhere for a case; I've taken a bust to PC World to have a look at cases. I haven't searched, because nobody else will have the same question, with the exact same specification that I need.

I'll be direct with you: you haven't brought anything to the thread; you've insulted members, and implying that you're better because you have been here longer. If you don't want to discuss the topic, then don't bother posting. My thread isn't a 'quadruple thread' - I have a different specification to the other people who are looking for a case. Thanks for wasting, not just mine, but everyone's time. And, BTW: Being here longer then someone else, doesn't mean anything; writing in real sentences doesn't mean anything; writing in paragraphs, here, doesn't mean anything; I can see you being the type of person who points out to a person that he / she spelt the 'your' wrong (you did this, and so did I, probably), without considering their unique position. With cases there can't be exactly the same question - everyone has a different specification, which will fit a specific case, which you haven't helped at all.

GabooN
Jun 11, 2011, 09:15 PM
Wow, quite the diversion from topic :p

I may have missed it since I skimmed some of the longer posts that weren't about cases. What about the Switcheasy Canvas? I just got mine in the mail and it looks good, though I'm still waiting for my iPad to come so haven't actually used it yet.

It has a sorta fabric (canvas :P) feel to it, but with a coating on it that helps protect the material
There is thicker, but there is also thinner available. Seems like a happy medium and overs protection to the device at all times without being an industrial style case
The iPad sits in the hard shell, which is then attached to the folio section. The cutouts are precise around the buttons (as seen in reviews) and it includes the 30-pin port cover and headphone jack cover for extra dust/spill proofing.
As mentioned above, holes are tight around the camera and rocker etc,
Cost $49 US plus $5 shipping. I got mine in 2 days to Canada from international store.

Blorzoga
Jun 12, 2011, 08:14 AM
Check out Brookstone (brookstone.com)

Nice selection of cases!

Thanks for the tip.