PDA

View Full Version : Rivet leather folio case

laurenr
Jun 10, 2011, 09:35 PM
So has anyone seen or heard of this case? I just found it today, and it looks stunning:

289069 289070

http://www.rivetnow.com/home/file/product/iproduct_id/153/product.html
I really love the look of this; I had been looking at the Melkco Slimme, but I really did not want the "tri-fold" cover like the Apple Smart cover design. (I just find that the leave these kind of stripey dust marks on the screen).

I like the hard-shell leather back, and the way it folds into the typing/standing position. The quality looks great, but I wish they posted more pictures of all the angles to view.

I know, I know, yet another ipad case thread, but this looks like a really high quality folio, and the price is not TOO bad.:rolleyes: ($20.00 less than the least expensive Melkco, which range from $98.00 to about $118.00)

bowlerman625
Jun 11, 2011, 04:50 PM
I haven't heard of it, but it does look nice!

batman75
Jun 11, 2011, 05:22 PM
Looks good. Wish someone made a premium leather version like this, or if Vaja just copied the corner design. I would buy a Vaja if the exposed corner was protected, or any other $120+ with this design and full corner protection.

laurenr
Jun 12, 2011, 03:10 PM
Looks good. Wish someone made a premium leather version like this, or if Vaja just copied the corner design. I would buy a Vaja if the exposed corner was protected, or any other $120+ with this design and full corner protection.

I magnified the pictures, and looking at the grain of the leather, it appears to be of a really high grade. I would love to see the back though, to check what kind of flap/design they use to tuck the cover into. I'm quite surprised they don't offer more views.:( because I am really onterested in this case. I think the configuration looks very similar to the Vaja Libretto:

Edit: changed image

BlindMellon
Jun 13, 2011, 12:38 PM
I magnified the pictures, and looking at the grain of the leather, it appears to be of a really high grade. I would love to see the back though, to check what kind of flap/design they use to tuck the cover into. I'm quite surprised they don't offer more views.:( because I am really onterested in this case. I think the configuration looks very similar to the Vaja Libretto:

Image (http://www.ilounge.com/assets/images/reviews_vaja/leatheragendaipad2/4.jpg)

I don't know.. That corner looks dangerously exposed.

radiogoober
Jun 13, 2011, 02:19 PM

I agree. Corners are most prone to damage, and damage to a corner seems very likely to cause significant damage to the iPad.

Have a look at the STM Skinny. Good corner protection in a highly function case.

laurenr
Jun 13, 2011, 04:20 PM

I agree. Corners are most prone to damage, and damage to a corner seems very likely to cause significant damage to the iPad.

Have a look at the STM Skinny. Good corner protection in a highly function case.
Actually, the picture with the very exposed corners is of the Vaja case; if you look at the pics of the Rivet case in my first post, the corners appear to have a lot more protection.

mcdj
Jun 13, 2011, 11:00 PM
Wrote to Rivet today...

"hey,

Any photos of the back? Wondering how the flap is held in place when propped up.

Thanks,"

Thanks for contacting us. The Folio case has a leather tab on the back which holds the folded cover in place to act as a stand. Unfortunately we don't have any pictures available right now, but we will get some for you as soon as possible. Our design team is currently shooting more photos to illustrate some of the features on the website.

Best regards,

Customer Service
Rivet

laurenr
Jun 14, 2011, 10:27 AM
Wrote to Rivet today...

"hey,

Any photos of the back? Wondering how the flap is held in place when propped up.

Thanks,"

Thanks for contacting us. The Folio case has a leather tab on the back which holds the folded cover in place to act as a stand. Unfortunately we don't have any pictures available right now, but we will get some for you as soon as possible. Our design team is currently shooting more photos to illustrate some of the features on the website.

Best regards,

Customer Service
Rivet

I also emailed them yesterday and received a similar response the same day. I was pleased to see their quick response; can't wait for these updated pictures!:D Someone posted in another thread that they had ordered one, so hopefully we will see his review soon.

laurenr
Jun 14, 2011, 04:24 PM
I just received a picture of the back of the case that I had requested from Rivet customer service-

Overall, I am really loving this case! I think I might just order one.:)

Analbarbiturate
Jun 14, 2011, 07:14 PM
I ordered one a couple of days ago.

I'll take some pictures when it comes in.

laurenr
Jun 14, 2011, 08:18 PM
I ordered one a couple of days ago.

I'll take some pictures when it comes in.

Yes! Just what I was looking for! Maybe I'll let you be our "guinea pig" before I place my order.:)When are you expecting delivery?

Edit: an interesting tidbit I found when looking for a review on their products. The person in the video mentions the possibility/rumor that Rivet is owned by Vaja......? See here:

http://youtu.be/uGIuThgORxg

Analbarbiturate
Jun 15, 2011, 08:54 AM
I don't mind being the guinea pig.

I'm not sure when the case will be shipped. I will assume maybe 4 to 8 weeks.
The confirmation e-mail I received from Rivet only states that my account is scheduled to be debited.

Nishi100
Jun 15, 2011, 12:22 PM
I just received a picture of the back of the case that I had requested from Rivet customer service-

Overall, I am really loving this case! I think I might just order one.:)

It's a lovely case, but a little too exposed for my liking.

laurenr
Jun 15, 2011, 01:45 PM
I don't mind being the guinea pig.

I'm not sure when the case will be shipped. I will assume maybe 4 to 8 weeks.
The confirmation e-mail I received from Rivet only states that my account is scheduled to be debited.

Wow!! 4-8 weeks?!! Are the cases back ordered?? They are situated in Florida; are you in the USA, or are they shipping overseas to you, if you don't mind my asking?

Edit: I emailed them about shipping time, and they did say they have them in stock and ship within24-48 hours.:)

Analbarbiturate
Jun 15, 2011, 02:59 PM
Wow!! 4-8 weeks?!! Are the cases back ordered?? They are situated in Florida; are you in the USA, or are they shipping overseas to you, if you don't mind my asking?

Edit: I emailed them about shipping time, and they did say they have them in stock and ship within24-48 hours.:)

Yeah, I was estimating the worst based on some of the other threads with other cases.

Delivery estimate as of now is June 17th.

laurenr
Jun 15, 2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I was estimating the worst based on some of the other threads with other cases.

Delivery estimate as of now is June 17th.

Can't wait!:D

pbrogrom
Jun 15, 2011, 03:49 PM
The case looks pretty amazing.

laurenr
Jun 15, 2011, 04:46 PM
The case looks pretty amazing.

I think so too. I've compared it from the various angles to the far more expensive Vaja Libretto, and it honestly looks almost identical:

I also have had excellent communication with their Customer Support; they always respond within a couple of hours. Vaja, on the other hand, are notorious for their utter lack of communication when people attempt email correspondance.

gigaguy
Jun 15, 2011, 05:58 PM
lauren, we must have the same taste, I've been following your thread, but I'm not gonna be an adopter til I read a real experience. $90 is steep esp since I do still like my Yoobao. but I wouldn't mind a higher quality leather upgrade. but the Yoobao2 is still mighty fine for the prices I paid.
I appreciate others who don't want to bulk, book, or box up their iPad2.

laurenr
Jun 15, 2011, 06:11 PM
lauren, we must have the same taste, I've been following your thread, but I'm not gonna be an adopter til I read a real experience. $90 is steep esp since I do still like my Yoobao. but I wouldn't mind a higher quality leather upgrade. but the Yoobao2 is still mighty fine for the prices I paid.
I appreciate others who don't want to bulk, book, or box up their iPad2.

:D I know, we always seem to zone in on the same cases. The problem with my Yoobao, is that the edges are really starting to wear:( and seperate. I really researched the Rivet brand extensively, and they have been around for several years now, and I just cannot justify the expense of the Vaja. I am yet to find a bad review of any of their cases -saw several on you Youtube extolling the virtues of their well made iphone cases. The fact that they are situated in Florida, (and not some other region where materials are not regulated) is also a big plus.

I have to confess, I pulled the plug a few hours ago and actually ordered this case.:p I am not one to buy one case after another to find just "the one", so this will be my last case..........at least until the iPad 3 comes out next year!

Analbarbiturate
Jun 15, 2011, 08:19 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The case does come from Argentina according to DHL tracking and may indeed have some elements taken from Vaja due to their partnership.

gigaguy
Jun 15, 2011, 08:32 PM
hmm, nice, sounds promising.
what is their return option? always some risk in buying unknown or not in stores items to check over first.

laurenr
Jun 15, 2011, 10:01 PM
hmm, nice, sounds promising.
what is their return option? always some risk in buying unknown or not in stores items to check over first.
They provide a pretty good warranty against product defects:

"Rivet provides a 3-Year warranty for its products against defects in material or workmanship. Any defective product will be either repaired or replaced with like product, at Rivet's option, without charge for parts or labor directly related to the defect. "
With my present case, having had it for the past 3 months, and the edges seperating, I am fairly doubtful of being able to send it back to China for a replacement. It was not expensive, and I really had to have a case immediately to protect my iPad, so I guess it served it's purpose. I am going to Europe in a few weeks and really want a quality product that I can rely on, so made the decision to order the Rivet now.

Analbarbiturate
Jun 17, 2011, 07:29 PM
I received the case today. Overall I'm happy with it.

I think the magnets for the cover are too weak.

I like the covered corners.

Sorry for the horrible pictures. The case is black.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/th_DSCF1556.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/?action=view&current=DSCF1556.jpg)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/th_DSCF1559.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/?action=view&current=DSCF1559.jpg)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/th_DSCF1555.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/?action=view&current=DSCF1555.jpg)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/th_DSCF1551.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/?action=view&current=DSCF1551.jpg)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/th_DSCF1536.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/?action=view&current=DSCF1536.jpg)

reactions
Jun 17, 2011, 07:57 PM
The front looks nice but the rear looks like pretty low grade leather.

How thick is this case?

Analbarbiturate
Jun 17, 2011, 11:04 PM
The front looks nice but the rear looks like pretty low grade leather.

How thick is this case?

The front leather has some air bubbles also. I agree with the back.

It looks like the whip beat down the back of that cattle.

The smart front is useless. I turned it off.

I can wake my iPad with my pinky. I can throw my iPad into convulsions just picking it up with this case.

I will try to put up a video also.
I have to email Rivet and see if this is all normal.

I don't have a micrometer to measure, but it's slightly less than double the thickness on the back and a hard smart cover on the front.

laurenr
Jun 18, 2011, 02:25 PM

Thank you so much for posting the pictures, they are actually quite clear. I just absolutely love this case; it's quite stunning! I actually don't mind the "weaker" magnets because I see so many complaints with other cases, about the sleep function being triggered when the top cover is folded back. Is it secure in the standing position? I really like how well protected the back is, with no exposed corners.:)

batman75
Jun 18, 2011, 04:16 PM
Tell us more about the weak magnets. Does the cover fall open due to gravity?

Analbarbiturate
Jun 18, 2011, 06:51 PM
Tell us more about the weak magnets. Does the cover fall open due to gravity?

Yes, you can just tilt the case towards you and the front cover will flap open.

It is very secure in the standing position.

rfrias
Jun 21, 2011, 03:21 PM
I also like this case very much. Had it for a few days now and didn't notice anything weird with the smart magnet. Works fine IMO. Will post some pics later on.

laurenr
Jun 21, 2011, 07:06 PM
I also like this case very much. Had it for a few days now and didn't notice anything weird with the smart magnet. Works fine IMO. Will post some pics later on.
Would love to see your pictures! If possible, can you show us front, back and folded?:p

BlindMellon
Jun 22, 2011, 04:00 PM

Nice case overall, I'm just not sure what's going on with this corner:

laurenr
Jun 22, 2011, 10:58 PM

It looks better in its proper context:

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=289069&d=1307759316

rfrias
Jun 23, 2011, 12:11 PM
Took some pics today, sorry for the late reply. The overal impression is pretty good. Nice leather (seems very durable) and good fit.

Added one more, better resolution.

laurenr
Jun 23, 2011, 03:31 PM
Took some pics today, sorry for the late reply. The overal impression is pretty good. Nice leather (seems very durable) and good fit.

thanks for posting the pictures! I also received my case, and I must say I am extremely impressed with the quality. There is one thing that does bother me a little though - there is a very slight gap between the edge of the top cover and the bottom frame. However, I saw in the Vaja thread another case with the exact same "defect", so maybe it's not such a big deal, because otherwise the case is perfect; corners are well protected, the leather is wrapped around the bottom frame without any pleats or weird folds. The iPad clips in just as it should, stays secure in both the reading and upright positions. It is obvious that a lot of attention to detail went into the manufacture of this product.:)

Here is a pic of the Vaja case showing the gap - you can see the white edge of the iPad screen (apologies to the owner...your case is still gorgeous:)):

http://images15.fotki.com/v246/photos/9/269729/9823925/PhotoJun1514346PM-vi.jpg

I will poste a pic of mine later.

batman75
Jun 23, 2011, 05:38 PM

looks good, but if you hold it upside down, what happens to the cover? Does it fall open?

rfrias
Jun 24, 2011, 01:22 PM
There is no magnetic closure, the magnets only activate the sleep function.

laurenr
Jun 24, 2011, 06:30 PM
thanks for posting the pictures! I also received my case, and I must say I am extremely impressed with the quality. There is one thing that does bother me a little though - there is a very slight gap between the edge of the top cover and the bottom frame. However, I saw in the Vaja thread another case with the exact same "defect", so maybe it's not such a big deal, because otherwise the case is perfect; corners are well protected, the leather is wrapped around the bottom frame without any pleats or weird folds. The iPad clips in just as it should, stays secure in both the reading and upright positions. It is obvious that a lot of attention to detail went into the manufacture of this product.:)
So, here are the pics of my case. You can see the slight gap on the front cover, where it is just a hair's breadth short of the bottom frame. I'm really picky, so I would appreciate opinions/other points of view as to whether this is really a negative. In all other respects, I really am very satisfied with the case:

Analbarbiturate
Jun 25, 2011, 12:23 AM

It's not my corner.

Maybe your corner.

I have the the same gap also laurenr also.
I think this is normal.

I will opt for the Piel Frama from now on.

gigaguy
Jun 25, 2011, 11:19 AM
Lauren, looks nice, hope it's a keeper for you. My budget for ipadcases has been met til I sell off a few items.
As for the gap, of course more noticeBle on the white iPad than a black one.
Not that bad, but I'm still confounded by fitment issues with so many manufacturers. Maybe it will stretch out in use.
I guess I'd have to say, for the price, I would want a clean full coverage front.
If the leather quality is superb I could overlook the coverage gap I think.
Relooking at the pic, I wonder if the gap could be closed with ongoing manual stretching and forcing. I did this to some success on my Yoobao.

James Huang
Jun 25, 2011, 11:52 AM
Hi there,

The case is very slim and form fitting. Itís a soft case, so itís more like an envelope than a case really. There are parts around the edges that crinkle slightly, but nothing too drastic. Itís similar in Appleís smart cover in form/function.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41h-ShXYWLL._AA300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417Ad0imLVL._AA300_.jpg

**************/FK5e3D
Thanks,
James Huang

laurenr
Jun 25, 2011, 01:52 PM
Lauren, looks nice, hope it's a keeper for you. My budget for ipadcases has been met til I sell off a few items.
As for the gap, of course more noticeBle on the white iPad than a black one.
Not that bad, but I'm still confounded by fitment issues with so many manufacturers. Maybe it will stretch out in use.
I guess I'd have to say, for the price, I would want a clean full coverage front.
If the leather quality is superb I could overlook the coverage gap I think.
Relooking at the pic, I wonder if the gap could be closed with ongoing manual stretching and forcing. I did this to some success on my Yoobao.

Thanks for the input. I think you are right, that the top cover will stretch out from the central seam. Last night I placed a heavy weight over a soft cloth on the top of the closed cover, and this morning the gap is narrower. I think the manufacturer was going for a perfect "fit" inside of the bottom frame, as opposed to an overlapping design, hence the gap while the case is new.

Otherwise, I really think the quality is quite superb as regards the fit, the softness of the leather, sleep function not being triggered when the cover is folded back, etc. And like I pointed out, even the pricey red Vaja I posted above, has that narrow margin showing; if anything, mine is less noticeable. Being a designer, it's little things that bother me, that would not be of concern to another. I can tell from the feel, smell of the leather, that its quality is excellent. I would still highly recommend this case to anyone that wants the Vaja form without the exorbitant price.:)

laurenr
Jun 25, 2011, 01:58 PM
Hi there,

The case is very slim and form fitting. Itís a soft case, so itís more like an envelope than a case really. There are parts around the edges that crinkle slightly, but nothing too drastic. Itís similar in Appleís smart cover in form/function.

Image (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41h-ShXYWLL._AA300_.jpg)
Image (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417Ad0imLVL._AA300_.jpg)

**************/FK5e3D
Thanks,
James Huang

I have actually seen the case you link to, and reading its negative reviews around the net, does not inspire confidence in its quality.

batman75
Jul 3, 2011, 09:02 AM
I wonder if someone can modify this case to add the elastic strap to make it more like the Vaja Agenda for iPad 2 instead of being like the Libretto.

An elastic strap to hold cover shut would be great.

Does the cover look like it is stitched or glued? If stitched it may be possible to get a seamstress to unstitch it, add elastic straps and them restitch it. I think I would add corner straps like Maroo rather than a single longitudinal strap like Vaja. Corner straps will also help hold the cover folded back.

laurenr
Jul 3, 2011, 12:48 PM
I wonder if someone can modify this case to add the elastic strap to make it more like the Vaja Agenda for iPad 2 instead of being like the Libretto.

An elastic strap to hold cover shut would be great.

Does the cover look like it is stitched or glued? If stitched it may be possible to get a seamstress to unstitch it, add elastic straps and them restitch it. I think I would add corner straps like Maroo rather than a single longitudinal strap like Vaja. Corner straps will also help hold the cover folded back.

The cover does not appear to be stitched. The fact that the magnets don't keep it closed does not really bother me, and the case is so stunning looking, I would hate to mess with its appearance.:rolleyes:

batman75
Jul 3, 2011, 04:43 PM
The cover does not appear to be stitched. The fact that the magnets don't keep it closed does not really bother me, and the case is so stunning looking, I would hate to mess with its appearance.:rolleyes:

Its astonishing that everyone makes cases with something wrong.

Vaja - no corner protection and no edge protection on shorter edges
Rivet - no magnetic closure or elastic closure, no edge protection on shorter edges
Maroo - too thick
Melkco - quad fold cover is unstable for use on airplane tray tables
Chinao - no magnetic closure or elastic closure

I was going to shell out $200 for a Vaja Agenda for iPad 2 this morning. But the fact that it only protects 2 of the 4 edges is a deal breaker. I don't understand why even spending $150-200 you can't get an intelligent case design without non sensical compromises.

laurenr
Jul 3, 2011, 05:55 PM
Its astonishing that everyone makes cases with something wrong.

Vaja - no corner protection and no edge protection on shorter edges
Rivet - no magnetic closure or elastic closure, no edge protection on shorter edges
Maroo - too thick
Melkco - quad fold cover is unstable for use on airplane tray tables
Chinao - no magnetic closure or elastic closure

I was going to shell out $200 for a Vaja Agenda for iPad 2 this morning. But the fact that it only protects 2 of the 4 edges is a deal breaker. I don't understand why even spending $150-200 you can't get an intelligent case design without non sensical compromises.

I have to agree. While I really love my Rivet case,and it's slim profile, I feel the edges are not well protected enough for travelling, although they are less exposed than with the Vaja case; I made the comment in another thread that I worry about airports/planes with tourists and their over loaded carry-ons knocking people about, things out of their hands etc. For this reason, I ordered the inexpensive Chinao case in anticipation of my summer vacation. It has the very slim design which is essential for me, and it does provided protection of the entire case, including the corners.

The problem with magnets that are strong enough to keep the cover closed, is that they far too easily trigger the sleep/wake function when folded back flat. Elastics too have their negatives - they become "floppy/stretched out" with frequent use. I see this already on Hubby's case which is only 3 months old.

batman75
Jul 3, 2011, 06:58 PM
I have to agree. While I really love my Rivet case,and it's slim profile, I feel the edges are not well protected enough for travelling, although they are less exposed than with the Vaja case; I made the comment in another thread that I worry about airports/planes with tourists and their over loaded carry-ons knocking people about, things out of their hands etc. For this reason, I ordered the inexpensive Chinao case in anticipation of my summer vacation. It has the very slim design which is essential for me, and it does provided protection of the entire case, including the corners.

The problem with magnets that are strong enough to keep the cover closed, is that they far too easily trigger the sleep/wake function when folded back flat. Elastics too have their negatives - they become "floppy/stretched out" with frequent use. I see this already on Hubby's case which is only 3 months old.

I think this thing about the elastics depends how they are implemented. The corner elastics on the Maroo case work superbly. I had a Maroo case for a year on my iPad 1, and the small corner elastics never wore out. They did become less elastic, but they were so tight to start with that they never became floppy.

SmithErick
Jul 3, 2011, 08:35 PM
The pic of the red vaja is mine, no worries. I posted it for reference.

I was hoping the leather would "stretch" and it hasn't came to the edge yet after a few weeks of use. My magnetic closure is secure for the most part, but also comes open when the ipad is tilted.

Is this normal for other Vaja owners?

laurenr
Jul 3, 2011, 09:08 PM
The pic of the red vaja is mine, no worries. I posted it for reference.

I was hoping the leather would "stretch" and it hasn't came to the edge yet after a few weeks of use. My magnetic closure is secure for the most part, but also comes open when the ipad is tilted.

Is this normal for other Vaja owners?

I really love the look and color (especially) of your case, but like you, that slight gap on the edge bothers me slightly. A friend of mine has the Vaja too, and when she turns the iPad over, cover facing down, the magnets are not strong enough to keep it in the closed position.

batman75
Jul 3, 2011, 09:49 PM
I just ordered a Red Vaja Libretto from Cases.com and a Red SGP Stehen case from Amazon. When they arrive on Thursday or Friday, I will determine which one if any gets to replace the premium leather Maroo Kumara II case.

batman75
Jul 3, 2011, 09:52 PM
I really love the look and color (especially) of your case, but like you, that slight gap on the edge bothers me slightly. A friend of mine has the Vaja too, and when she turns the iPad over, cover facing down, the magnets are not strong enough to keep it in the closed position.

The magnets won't hold any case closed upside down. Not even the apple smart cover. The question is whether the grip level comes close to the level of the Apple smart cover or whether it is a lot weaker. I find the smart cover magnetic grip to be adequate. The Vaja has that grip level in the videos I saw.

laurenr
Jul 3, 2011, 11:19 PM
I just ordered a Red Vaja Libretto from Cases.com and a Red SGP Stehen case from Amazon. When they arrive on Thursday or Friday, I will determine which one if any gets to replace the premium leather Maroo Kumara II case.

I love the look of that SGP case, but I don't care for the way it has to be folded back so as not to trigger the sleep wake function. It would really bother me in the landscape position that my iPad is usually in, with the cover jutting out like they instruct. (If it's flush, like the pic on the left, the sleep/wake is triggered, therefore it has to be held at that odd angle, (cover extending beyond the base), which would quickly become annoying):

batman75
Jul 4, 2011, 08:31 AM
I love the look of that SGP case, but I don't care for the way it has to be folded back so as not to trigger the sleep wake function. It would really bother me in the landscape position that my iPad is usually in, with the cover jutting out like they instruct. (If it's flush, like the pic on the left, the sleep/wake is triggered, therefore it has to be held at that odd angle, (cover extending beyond the base), which would quickly become annoying):

Do the magnets grip at all in the rivet case? In the Vaja as with the Apple smart cover, it holds for about a second upside down before opening.

If they do I will test a rivet too.

laurenr
Jul 4, 2011, 12:19 PM
Do the magnets grip at all in the rivet case? In the Vaja as with the Apple smart cover, it holds for about a second upside down before opening.

If they do I will test a rivet too.

The Rivet case is gorgeous, but the magnets serve only for the sleep/wake function, and do not hold the cover closed if turned upside down.The quality of the leather, the construction and style are just perfect/