Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TopHattedMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
I have used this template before, following a tutorial, but it seems to have disappeared from the list of available templates. I have tried reinstalling xcode. Here is a screenshot.

screen.jpg

Cheers for any help :confused:

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
Probably they removed it on purpose. I would start with the Single View, which is probably most like the Window-based. Remove stuff if it doesn't match what you want.

You could re-install an older version if you really want the Window-Based app.

TopHattedMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Probably they removed it on purpose. I would start with the Single View, which is probably most like the Window-based. Remove stuff if it doesn't match what you want.

You could re-install an older version if you really want the Window-Based app.

Do you think there may be a way to import the template?

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
It's possible but I don't know. Apple is not very open about plugins for Xcode or telling you the format for the templates. The format may not have changed between versions so you could probably copy the template from the older version to the newer version if you figure out where they go.

Thadon

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
It's called Empty Application now. They just renamed them for some reason. I thought this too but I related the icons which are the same in the past versions of Xcode.

pensoftware

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2008
It's called Empty Application now. They just renamed them for some reason. I thought this too but I related the icons which are the same in the past versions of Xcode.

It's not the same since it doesn't include a MainWindow.xib file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.