Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoneage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Upon trying to install SU 2002-09-20 I get 'The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error occured (error code 1000). Any idea what that is? It happens when I try to open the folder from the disk image.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
the package

I would trash the .dmg file you downloade and download another one. Could be corrupted.

The thing your opening is a package.. not a folder. UNIX systems call instalers packages.

You could also give Software update a try.

what OS are you running.... I beleave that the SU you are trying to run is only for OS 10.2

-evildead

PS.... I see your new to the site... welcome

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Originally posted by stoneage
I have tried 5 different d/l. Software update says there are no new updates. It was a .pkg, it just looks like a folder (sorry). I'm trying to figure out what a 1000 error is.

What OS are you running... you must have 10.2 to run that update

stoneage

macrumors regular
Original poster
I am running 10.2.1. I do not have any Classic OS installed and I think that may be the problem. Another poster sent me a .sea of an Installer that showed up during the update. I have one also (in Applications/Utilities) It is only 84KB. The Installer app is 3.4 meg. When I try to open it I get 'Classic Startup found no system folder on boot volume from which to start Classic'. Funny that Apple is dropping OS9 but doesn't let updates either/or.

stoneage

macrumors regular
Original poster
I finally got the installer to open by throwing away the 84 KB installer icon that shows up in a Utilities folder in my applications. This shows up every time I d/l the update. When I start the install it asks for a disk to install on, this comes up: You cannot install this software on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update. The destination disks both have red ! on them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.