PDA

View Full Version : Switcheasy canvas, Mophie, Bear Motion, Ifrogz

Kone 33
Jun 13, 2011, 06:25 AM
Which case would you go with?
I'm looking for lightweight, protection, and ease of use.

Thanks a lot!!

hoanganh
Jun 13, 2011, 06:43 AM
if you are looking for light-weight, switcheasy canvas would not be the one you wanna have. After 1 moth using, I am tired of its "huge" weight! feel like holding 2 ipads at the same time!

Grimes
Jun 13, 2011, 08:52 AM
From personal experience, the iFrogz is about the same weight as the Switcheasy Canvas.

3goldens
Jun 13, 2011, 09:15 AM
I did not like the iFrogz. I thought it was an OK case, under rated for what it is, It was certainly full coverage, and I thought added considerable bulk to the unit because it employs a shell and folio combination. I did not think it was particularly well constructed, faux leather type of material.

The Mophie workbook on the other hand is an exceptional case. They took their time getting it out and I know see why. They kept it slim, yet it provides complete protection to the ipad. Very durable and really well made! The fit is exceptional, and it had all the viewing angles one could ever want. I love the ability to change the bands occasionally.

Not being a proponent of cases with bands when I had my ipad 1, someone sent me the original mophie workbook to try and I never stopped using it! In fact I used it right up to the day I got the new one, placing my ipad 2 in a slim shell to make up for the difference in thickness. The new one is a great update to the new one.

Having had both of these cases, I think the Mohie is hands down the best case of the 10-12 I have tried so far.

I have not used the switch easy and can not talk to that, perhaps I will look into getting one to see what all the fuss is about.

iMule
Jun 13, 2011, 09:04 PM
I've always loved slim cases, but the Switcheasy Canvas is a hard one to beat. It's solid. It might add bulk, but it's good bulk and the weight is significant, but there's not a case that can beat it right now. It's got a nice solid feel to it and the inner cover feels awesome. Plus there's so many stand/folding positions to make the case feel brand new each time you discover one.