Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zombiemommy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
Hey everyone, I've tried looking online and I can't seem to find the correct answer I need to solve this problem. I recently bought a Mac Book pro, a couple weeks ago, and everything was working fine in iTunes, but then one day I connected my iTouch and it asked to update so I did it. After that update, whenever I connect my iPod, it says "the ipod cannot be synced, an unknown error occured.(13014)" Every time a song is finished playing and goes on to the next one, the error message shows each time. I tried going to preferences and checking the box that says prevent ipod from syncing, but it still didn't work. I have a 160GB ipod, with the latest itunes. I've also tried uninstalling itunes to a previous version but when I did that it said my ipod wouldn't work because it was updated with the latest iTunes.

I can upload music fine from my itunes library onto my ipod, but as soon as its all loaded into my iPod, the sync message comes up. I'm just confused why it keeps popping up when everything else is fine.

Any help would be great!

Scott G

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2011
Ive got a similar problem - Ive been using 160GB iPod and iPhone 3G 16GB through my iTunes, suddenly when I connect my pod it crashes iTunes and completely freezes it. I then have to task manager close the whole application. If I disconnect the device a warning box comes up 'Your iPod could not be synched, the folder could not be found'. The existing songs on the device play fine and my iPhone works/updates/synchs fine.
Apple helpdesk told me to completely uninstall/reinstall software-no change-told me to create a new user account-no change-no-one seems to be able to help at all and its really REALLY frustrating as my world revolves my music !!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.