PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using an STM Skinny with Power Support HD Anti Glare- fit issues?

jonhcox
Jun 13, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hiya everyone,

I just upgraded to the iPad 2 and after a bit of deliberation, settled on the STM Skinny for a case, Wrapsol skin for the back, and Power Support HD Anti Glare for a screen protector. I know it's an interesting configuration, but does anyone on the boards here have a similar setup and did everything fit ok? I know that some cases have tremendous tolerances and that incorporating protection that adds a couple millimeters can make cooperation difficult and nearly impossible. I can't stand Zagg and I like Wrapsol's matte back, and I think Power Support's Anti Glare are hard to beat. I have one on my iP4 and it's been great. That said, I like to protect my tech because with Apple, at least, it will be sold in February to make way for the next version of the iPad. I'd hate to get them all ordered only to have to ditch one or both of the skins due to fit incompatibility.

Thanks for your input!

-J

Sanveann
Jun 13, 2011, 09:31 PM
I had a Splash Masque AG screen protector with the STM Skinny with no fit probs; nothing on the back, though.

Blorzoga
Jun 13, 2011, 10:16 PM
Hiya everyone,

I just upgraded to the iPad 2 and after a bit of deliberation, settled on the STM Skinny for a case, Wrapsol skin for the back, and Power Support HD Anti Glare for a screen protector. I know it's an interesting configuration, but does anyone on the boards here have a similar setup and did everything fit ok? I know that some cases have tremendous tolerances and that incorporating protection that adds a couple millimeters can make cooperation difficult and nearly impossible. I can't stand Zagg and I like Wrapsol's matte back, and I think Power Support's Anti Glare are hard to beat. I have one on my iP4 and it's been great. That said, I like to protect my tech because with Apple, at least, it will be sold in February to make way for the next version of the iPad. I'd hate to get them all ordered only to have to ditch one or both of the skins due to fit incompatibility.

Thanks for your input!

-J

I have the Skinny and PS AG and have zero problems.

Tobster3
Jun 14, 2011, 01:35 AM

Same here, no problems at all.

BlindMellon
Jun 14, 2011, 06:34 AM
Just wondering why you have an STM case and a back cover?

Tobster3
Jun 14, 2011, 06:51 AM
For me, I guess the main reason was because my first combination was a BSE skin on the back and an Apple Smart Cover.

I then purchased the STM Skinny and now use it when I am out and about. At home, it comes off and have the iPad semi naked, obviously still having the BSE skin on the back. Having it there gives me piece of mind that my iPad won't get scratched and i dont have to be concerned where i lay it down.

jonhcox
Jun 14, 2011, 10:20 AM
Just wondering why you have an STM case and a back cover?

I have a 19 month old and he likes using the Thomas the Tank Engine App. I have to take the case off for him and it helps to keep it from getting nicked and scratched. Plus, I'll likely sell it in February to upgrade to I presume the iPad 3 and perspective owners don't like scratches.

Grimes
Jun 15, 2011, 07:59 AM

Same. I think the way the Skinny is built, it has plenty of room for screen protectors (front and back).