PDA

View Full Version : iPhone WiFi Connection Cause Server to "Lose" Internet

Isoparm
Jun 13, 2011, 09:07 PM
I've got a 10.5 server setup. And I've noticed anytime my iPhone connects to the WiFi network, the server seems to lose it's connection to the internet.

This seems to happen every time the iPhone connects and I don't know why.

The server seems to run fine, but it won't make a connection to the internet. I'm not sure if it is a DNS problem or something else.

Anybody ever experienced this before? Where should I look to try and figure this one out?

aarond12
Jun 14, 2011, 04:07 PM
Tell us a little more about your network. Is your server wired? Are you using Mac OS X Server or the regular Mac OS X version? Is your server using a DHCP address? Is your router (if you have one) set up for DHCP? Is the static IP address for your server (if you have one) outside of the DHCP range? What IP address is your iPhone getting when connecting to your wireless network?

-Aaron-

Isoparm
Jun 14, 2011, 04:20 PM
OS X Server 10.5

The server has a wired connection to the internet via NIC #1 (static IP address given by ISP)

NIC #2 is connected to a wireless router that the other machines in my house connect to (including the iPhone).

The server hands out DHCP addresses and handles DNS (and DHCP is disabled in the router).

The iPhone get's assigned an internal LAN IP address by the server (192.168.1.X)

The iPhone connects fine for a while, but then eventually (5-10 minutes) the server seems to lose its connection to the internet. (The clients can't connect, nor can the server.)