Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adambadamh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
I have two Google Apps accounts that have always worked fine and continue to work fine on my iPhone, though on my iPad the setting for the Deleted Mailbox keeps resetting to the Gmail "trash" folder. I have a different folder called "recently deleted" where I want to send my mail. I can see that folder and select it in the mailbox behavior settings, and I back out of the menus and eventually hit done and all looks like it has worked though when I go to actually delete a message the old setting remains the rule and when you go back to examine the change you tried to make it has reset to sending messages to the "trash" folder. I have even tried completely resetting the account by deleting it from the iPad and adding it back again though the problem persists. The same thing happens in both IMAP accounts.

Any help would be much appreciated.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
I have two Google Apps accounts that have always worked fine and continue to work fine on my iPhone, though on my iPad the setting for the Deleted Mailbox keeps resetting to the Gmail "trash" folder. I have a different folder called "recently deleted" where I want to send my mail. I can see that folder and select it in the mailbox behavior settings, and I back out of the menus and eventually hit done and all looks like it has worked though when I go to actually delete a message the old setting remains the rule and when you go back to examine the change you tried to make it has reset to sending messages to the "trash" folder. I have even tried completely resetting the account by deleting it from the iPad and adding it back again though the problem persists. The same thing happens in both IMAP accounts.

Any help would be much appreciated.

So, your iPhone is setup to use the "recently deleted" folder, and you don't have any issues? It is only not working on the iPad?

adambadamh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
So, your iPhone is setup to use the "recently deleted" folder, and you don't have any issues? It is only not working on the iPad?

Correct. For some reason only on the iPad is the change being reverted every time I try to set up the feature as I want it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.