Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaecyn42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
I believe I may have encountered a bug.

When I attempt to sync my iPod Touch (2G, iOS 4.3) with non-Apple software, such as GTKPod and Clementine, it actually works.

Is this working as intended? I thought I was supposed to be locked into iTunes exclusively in order to use Apple products?

If this is a bug, when can I expect a new iOS version to break this compatbility with unapproved software and restore the intended functionality of my iDevice?

jaecyn42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
What is that? Some kinda of message board? Why would they care about my question?

I don't see what it has to do with my post

jaecyn42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
While you're here, Buzz Killington, perhaps you'd be so kind as to share your wisdom concerning the matter behind this unsuccessful troll: Apple's desire to lock all of their iPod users into iTunes.

jaecyn42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
"Forcing people to use a severely flawed Media player will encourage them to buy Apple products"

Interesting theory...continue...

paulbronson

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2011
The majority of Apple users are sheep and do not give a damn about your perceived flaws. iTunes works for them without a problem, and thats the end of the story.

Apple keeps the iPod locked to iTunes to get people invested in the product. Users would rather just upgrade their iPods than change all of their thousands of songs over to another player/device.

jaecyn42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
"The vast majority of Apple users are sheep."

So you admit that you are a sheep...good, the first step is acceptance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.