Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rayyu882

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Hi, I'm actually waiting for the MBA refresh, but wonder did anyone has any experience running eyeTV on the current 11" MBA? Just wonder how's the performance on it. Any info on that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Beanoir

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
51 degrees North
Hi, I'm actually waiting for the MBA refresh, but wonder did anyone has any experience running eyeTV on the current 11" MBA? Just wonder how's the performance on it. Any info on that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I run it on mine, but I don't run it directly I stream it from my Mac Mini plugged into the roof aerial at home as the signal quality is better. I find the little aerial a bit hit and miss on a laptop dependant on location.

SO as long as I have wifi or 3G then its all great.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Im running EyeTV on my 13" MBA. Works really nice, I use it to capture gameplay and then do voiceovers on iMovie. Works a treat, could do with a better CPU (hopefully the upcoming MBA 2011). This will help in exporting/importing times into iMovie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.