PDA

View Full Version : FS UK ONLY - ibook G4 1.2, ipod 20gig (4th gen) and G4 Cube

mootpoint
Mar 25, 2005, 06:14 AM
Bit of an Easter clearout in the Mootpoint Household. All products accurately described. Previous sales on this forum include ibook, imac and ipod. No complaints (so far!!).

ibook G4 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, combo, 12"

Week 1 '05 manufacture date. Perfect example. Original box, receipt, discs.

No marks, no dead pixels. Airport Extreme included of course. The only upgrade was to add an extra 256 stick to make it up to a more reasonable 512mb ram. Price is 575 inc.

ipod 20gig 4th gen

Boxed,all original packaging,receipt,all cables and power adaptor. week 04 in 2005 so a very recent build. No marks or scratches. Even the back is perfecto. Price is 155inc

G4 Cube, 450 model, 512mb ram, 20 gig

Lastly the old cube. A nice running example that has the original 20 gig drive, 512mb ram (1 slot - Kingston ram), original keyboard and mouse. Original round speakers with usb amp (yes they work well). Runs 10.3.8 like a dream and has been used for the kids to surf and "play" with a mac. The case is NOT in perfect condition. Nothing broken but a good six inch crack in the upper front and the typical "frosting" in two other areas. It is still remarkably solid but NOT A PERFECT EXAMPLE CASE. No original discs I'm afraid. Power adaptor included of course. Price is 215 inc.

PM me any questions or shout out to mootpoint1963@gmail.com and I'll do my best to answer them.

Have a nice Easter!!

Chimera
Mar 25, 2005, 06:52 AM
Hi Mootpoint, it's the guy that bought your previous iBook and iPod here, I have passed the iPod over to my brother and my mum now has your old iBook and they are both really enjoying them, so thank you very much.

However I now want a click wheel iPod to replace my touch one as i find it infuriating to use the buttons, and my dad also needs a new laptop as his old G3 PowerBook is on its last legs.

How about 600inc for the iPod and iBook together? With peace of mind as you have used me before :)

Thanks in advance,
Frankie

mootpoint
Mar 25, 2005, 07:05 AM
Hi Mootpoint, it's the guy that bought your previous iBook and iPod here, I have passed the iPod over to my brother and my mum now has your old iBook and they are both really enjoying them, so thank you very much.

However I now want a click wheel iPod to replace my touch one as i find it infuriating to use the buttons, and my dad also needs a new laptop as his old G3 PowerBook is on its last legs.

How about 600inc for the iPod and iBook together? With peace of mind as you have used me before :)

Thanks in advance,
Frankie

Good to hear from you again Frankie.

Can't give that amount of discount, even though it's you!!.

650 is a done deal for you. That's a huge 250 plus off RRP. These items are MINT my friend so it is a bargain IMO.

All the best.

Blue Velvet
Mar 25, 2005, 07:14 AM
Could be interested in the Cube for a music machine (it's quiet).

Any way of getting a larger capacity HD in there? Or is it restricted to a max 128gb like the earlier G4s? If I can find a card or some other solution to this, I'd probably be up for it...

XIII
Mar 25, 2005, 07:23 AM
Blue Velvet, I am pretty sure stock cubes are limited to 128, but they CAN be modded..

mootpoint
Mar 25, 2005, 07:24 AM
Could be interested in the Cube for a music machine (it's quiet).

Any way of getting a larger capacity HD in there? Or is it restricted to a max 128gb like the earlier G4s? If I can find a card or some other solution to this, I'd probably be up for it...

Check out the cubeforums site - always seem to have the solution to any problem.

http://www.cubeowner.com/forums/

Chimera
Mar 25, 2005, 07:29 AM
Hi mootpoint, you're right 600 was a little cheeky, how about 630 and i'll transfer the money tomorrow?

mootpoint
Mar 25, 2005, 07:35 AM
Hi mootpoint, you're right 600 was a little cheeky, how about 630 and i'll transfer the money tomorrow?

That will do well.

I'll PM my bank details like last time.

thanks.

Blue Velvet
Mar 25, 2005, 07:37 AM
Check out the cubeforums site - always seem to have the solution to any problem.

http://www.cubeowner.com/forums/

Thanks... I'll do some reading then PM you later.
If someone else steps in, that's OK.

mootpoint
Mar 25, 2005, 07:46 AM
Chimera PM sent.

Blue Velvet - no worries, hear from soon.

IBOOK AND IPOD PROVISIONALLY SOLD

Blue Velvet
Mar 25, 2005, 09:53 AM
Blue Velvet - no worries, hear from soon.

Thanks but after a little research and a double-check on spending plans for the coming few months, I will regretfully pass this one up... Thanks for the link, though.

Fredstar
Mar 25, 2005, 08:11 PM
Hey Mootpoint,
remember me? The ibook buyer from a while back and referred Chimera too yourself on both occasions of your other sales and recommended u, so you owe me a lil bit. Kidding :p.
I am interested in the Cube, you want to get rid - considering it is a bit damaged and has no original discs - i have 140 cash, what u say?
The Dell is still hanging around and it just wants to be replaced, make it happen :)
Fred

mootpoint
Mar 26, 2005, 03:25 AM
Hi again Fred,

Can't let it go for so little mate,sorry.

Fredstar
Mar 26, 2005, 03:45 AM
160 mate?
I have seen them going on Ebay for around 180-190 and that is usually with the speakers and original discs, does it come with the Harmon Kardon's btw?

mootpoint
Mar 26, 2005, 05:00 AM
160 mate?
I have seen them going on Ebay for around 180-190 and that is usually with the speakers and original discs, does it come with the Harmon Kardon's btw?
It comes with the Harmon Kardon's.

195 is the lowest I could go.

Fredstar
Mar 26, 2005, 06:02 AM
mate i am not sure, from those pics it is slightly damaged.
170 inc. is pretty much what i could stretch too, otherwise good luck with the sale

mootpoint
Mar 26, 2005, 07:08 AM
mate i am not sure, from those pics it is slightly damaged.
170 inc. is pretty much what i could stretch too, otherwise good luck with the sale

Deal. PM me your details again please.

Fredstar
Mar 27, 2005, 06:22 AM
Money transferred mate :), although may take upto 3 working days to go through.

mootpoint
Mar 27, 2005, 07:33 AM
Money transferred mate :), although may take upto 3 working days to go through.

Cheers mate.

That's all SOLD then.