PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Problem With Garageband And Logic Studio

SnowTronic
Jun 15, 2011, 12:22 PM
I am having tons of feedback coming through my speakers and headphones when using Garageband And Logic Studio, I know the feedback is not coming from the programs (because I already am currently using a noise gate) but instead coming from the computer fans, and spinning hard drive.

So my question is, is there a way to stop the hard drive and fans from spinning or maybe even slow them down or is their some type of hardware device I could use to eliminate this feedback coming from the computer hardware?

hakukani
Jun 16, 2011, 09:19 PM
I am having tons of feedback coming through my speakers and headphones when using Garageband And Logic Studio, I know the feedback is not coming from the programs (because I already am currently using a noise gate) but instead coming from the computer fans, and spinning hard drive.

So my question is, is there a way to stop the hard drive and fans from spinning or maybe even slow them down or is their some type of hardware device I could use to eliminate this feedback coming from the computer hardware?

Are you talking about noise from the fans? Feedback is from a positive loop causing uncontrolled 'squealing'.

If its just the noise from your computer, you must isolate them from your recording microphones. I put my CPU in a different room from where I record.

SnowTronic
Jun 16, 2011, 10:21 PM
Ok, I havent tried that as far as microphones go, but what about when you use a direct audio interface like a usb guitar interface such as this -------> http://line6.com/podstudioux1/ (I own this interface) would this make any difference to the problem here or would I still need to move away from my computer in the case of using an audio usb interface?

hakukani
Jun 17, 2011, 11:39 AM
Ok, I havent tried that as far as microphones go, but what about when you use a direct audio interface like a usb guitar interface such as this -------> http://line6.com/podstudioux1/ (I own this interface) would this make any difference to the problem here or would I still need to move away from my computer in the case of using an audio usb interface?

You shouldn't be getting any sounds from your computer while going directly in from an electric/electronic instrument.

SnowTronic
Jun 17, 2011, 12:26 PM
But see the strange thing is that I am, I am getting the same sound that Hakukani described, the other day I held my guitar close to my computer, while connected to a usb interface, and I could hear the "sound of the fans" or the same noise I am hearing all the time except amplified!

hakukani
Jun 18, 2011, 12:20 PM
But see the strange thing is that I am, I am getting the same sound that Hakukani described, the other day I held my guitar close to my computer, while connected to a usb interface, and I could hear the "sound of the fans" or the same noise I am hearing all the time except amplified!

Does your guitar have single coil pickups?

If so, you could be picking up hum.