Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I'm not really sure what happened, but suddenly the wireless network I had on my Airport Extreme only works for my desktop computer only. Nothing else that tries to connect to it (my laptop, iPad and two iPhones) works anymore. I tried rebooting my router, the Airport, the computer/devices, everything. I changed the airport to default settings and set it up again, and it still only creates a wireless network that my desktop only connects to. I even set up the Airport on my laptop - and STILL it works for the desktop only.

Does anyone here have any idea of what could be going on??? I even checked the connection to see if I was maybe sleepwalking at one point and had directly plugged the ethernet into my computer somehow by mistake. But no...it's all connected the way it should be. Really scratching my head here, as this happened all of the sudden, out of the blue. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
by only working, do you mean "others can't connect" or "others connect to network, but don't get any data"

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

The others seem to connect to the network but don't get any data. Nothing works. Eventually the wireless icon (at least on my laptop) gets a "!" sign over it...

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
any chance you've enabled access control? on the main airport settings page?

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Huh. Got it working.
Not sure what I did, but it's suddenly working just as mysteriously as it suddenly wasn't working. I rebooted/restarted everything one more time (though I already did it a few times), and used a different network name -- this time something quite rude. :D
I wonder if this was the reason it worked!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.