Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Desmo1098

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
Can someone tell me if Apple has still implemented the iOS iCal and Address Book theme in the latest DP of OS X Lion? I was using DP2 and I know iCal and Address Book had it then. I have not had the time to upgrade to DP4.

In addition, does the general community think that this iOS themed iCal and Address Book will be the final implementation? If so, will there be any way to roll back just these two applications to how they look now in Snow Leopard now? I cannot accept the iOS themed iCal and Address Book; the iOS theme just takes away from from the beauty of Apple.

Thanks in advance!

Desmo

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I assume it is still in DP4, but someone else will have to verify that. Personally I like the new looks, but I can understand why some don't. I am certain the new makeovers will be in the final version.

BLACKFRIDAY

macrumors regular
May 23, 2011
To be honest, I think they are great. Simply awesome.

Address book can be reverted to the classic layout using some developer preferences but I simply love the look of the new Address Book and the iCal.

I think people should get of the FUD or the common saying that iOSification of Mac OS X is bad. Yes it can be bad, but these two genuinely look great and work better overall compared to the previous versions in SL, Leopard etc.

On another note, I am 100% positive that these are the final GUI's for the iCal and AddressBook. Some tweaks in some places, maybe; but that's about it.

capoeira4u

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2008
Bangkok, Thailand
I cannot accept the iOS themed iCal and Address Book; the iOS theme just takes away from from the beauty of Apple.

I kinda like the new facelift, but it does seem to go against the overall minimalistic OS design with gray icon doesn't it? And I wonder why Apple chose to facelift just these two apps? I think these other apps could get a facelift as well: Dictionary, Stickies, Text Edit, Calculator.

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
Desmo, I'm with you.

The new look does seem to pander to the Fischer Price types.

Of greater interest, is the image in my minds eye when I read "Desmo"

Made me think of Desmodromic, if that's what you're user name alludes to, you'll instantly understand why mine is called 999R FILA :)

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.