Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jasmynp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2011
East Coast, USA
Does anyone have the case mate pop! for iPad 2? If so, please share your thoughts on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jasmynp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2011
East Coast, USA
In case anyone is wondering, this is a pretty good case.

I have a casemate pop for ipad 2 (just came today) and a Pad & Quill Octavo. I took the iPad out of the octavo a few days ago and realized that I had forgotten how thin and light the iPad was. That made me want to find a lighter thinner case so that I could enjoy the shape and design of the iPad with some grip and protection (back only).

The Pros:
~Snug and secure fit
~Shows off the thin shape, size, and weight of the iPad
~Provides a good grip for handling
~Doesn't cover the bezel
~The rim of the case that surrounds the bezel is raised so that if the iPad falls front down, the screen doesn't touch the floor
~Has a built in stand (with it's own compartment for when it's not in use) that works in landscape or portrait
~Doesn't interfere with screen protectors

The Cons:
~Does not protect the screen (of course you won't buy it if you were interested in that kind of thing)
~If I think of more cons I'll post them.

ethics101

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
I was considering this one along with a few others. However, I would recommend going with a case that is more of a folio. I would rather have my screen covered if I'm holding it while walking around. Plus, the thickness this case adds is probably around the same as a folio because of the built in stand.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I got the Pop! case today and i'm sending it back... The overall build and quality of the case is pretty good, but the deal breaker for me is the landscape stand. The viewing angle for landscape is not very good. It seems like they did not know what angle they were going for... It's not low enough to be a good typing angle and it's not high enough to be a good viewing angle.

I would actually prefer a case of this style, but the two I have tried have not been very good (the other was the Incipio). I'm open to other suggestions (except for the Macally, not keen on the colors).

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
Does anyone have the case mate pop! for iPad 2? If so, please share your thoughts on it.

Case Mate Pop! looks very slippery...

Not to sound like a broken record, but I find the STM Skinny to be the perfect light case and it has a perfectly functioning smart cover. The stand positions are also very stable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.