PDA

View Full Version : Newton 2000 Package for sale...

Gus
Sep 22, 2002, 03:41 PM
Here is the future eBay description if no one here buys it:

HUGE Newton 2000 Package!!!

This is a fantastic package for Newton enthusiasts, collectors or people new to the Newton. I hate to part with this, but I need money for a computer upgrade.

Included in this auction are:

1 fully functioning Newton 2000 (not an upgraded one, but an original)
1 Newton original Titanium Stylus
1 Black genuine leather case for the Newton 2xxx series
1 10 MB Flash memory card for the Newton
1 Newton 9W Power Adapter
1 AA Battery Cage-Allows you to use four AA batteries to power the Newton.

Other items in the auction:
The original box with a sticker showing the original purchase price of $999.00 (!!)
Serial Cable for Newton to PC connection
Black Newton 8-din cable for connection to Macintosh
Belkiin USB to Serial Adapter for connection to your desktop/laptop computer-this is powered by your USB port, and it comes with the USB cable and Software CD!!
Newton Serial Dongle

Software:
This Newton already has quite a bit of software on it (including Newton Operating System 2.1), which I will leave on, but I have the following software on the ORIGINAL floppy disks:
Newton Connection Utilities--both Mac and Windows versions
Aloha!-e-mail client compatable with AOL mail
QuickFigure Works-Mac and PC
NS BASIC 3.02 for the Newton
Macintosh FilePad
Notion: The Newton List Manager--Mac and Windows
Newton Software Sampler

Etc.:
ALL of the original documents and manuals are included with this packsge.
Manuals:
Newton Internet Enabler User's Manual
Newton Works Word Processor User's Manual
MessagePad 2000 Getting Started
Using E-Mail on Your MessagePad 2000
MessagePad 2000 User's Manual
Newton Connection Utilities Manual for Windows
Newton Connection Utilities Manual for Macintosh

Condition:
The outer case of this Newton is immaculate! The door cover for the Interconnect Port is intact, as well as the flip-over screen cover. The screen has about 7 repetitive-use marks on it--These do NOT affect the operation of this machine in the slightest!! They are only a cosmetic flaw, and I PROMISE you that they do not affect the operation of the Newton!!!! This Newt does not suffer from a screen problem known in the Newton world as the "jaggies". I have used this Newton daily for over 2 years, and it has been flawless in its operation. Don't let this fantastic package pass you by! All of these items purchased separately on eBay will cost you a couple of hundred dollars, and you won't get all of the documentation and original disks.

Buyer pays shipping of $20.00 for all.

I am asking for $300.00. Maybe that's high, maybe it's not, but there's not another handheld in the world like the Newton, and I'm selling everything you need to use it right away. Normally I would consider a trade, but I need the cash this time. You can pay via PayPal or money order. We'll discuss it after you contact me. Hope someone can take this baby and treat it well!

E-mail me soupruls@hotmail.com-if you want to buy this beautiful little item.

Gus
Oct 7, 2002, 02:39 PM
Guess my price was too high. Oh, well, I sold it on eBay. Thanks for looking!

Gus

Spock
Oct 26, 2002, 08:48 PM
How much did you get for it?? I know people pay hundreds for the stupid thing's.

Gus
Nov 8, 2002, 09:34 PM
$250.00. Not nice to call them stupid. :)

Gus