PDA

View Full Version : Ibook G4 trackpad problem.

MacuserRX7
Jun 16, 2011, 07:42 PM
I just got an ibook G4 off ebay. Everything works on the machine, except the trackpad doesn't work. I am currently using a pro mouse for the machine and that seems to work fine. I was just wondering if I take this to apple, will this be a cheap fix or should I take it to a computer store? Will apple be able to fix this sort of problem since it's an old mac. Also, will a magic mouse work on the machine. I do have bluetooth on the machine, but it says it isn't hooked up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

-Dan

bizzle
Jun 16, 2011, 07:56 PM
Depending on exactly which model the iBook is, it's most likely considered vintage, which means Apple won't repair it anymore. It's sort of a pain in the ass (for an unexperienced person) because the bottom case has to come off and when you do get to removing the top case, when you unplug the power connection it's very easy to rip the entire socket off the logic board.

stroked
Jun 17, 2011, 09:26 AM
It could be a software problem. When I first got my iBook G4, it was running Tiger, and the trackpad worked about half the time. After switching to Leopard, I haven't had any problems with the trackpad.