Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay.237

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2011
Hey guys
I'm going to be buying my first mac which i have decided is going to be the new 13" MBA which is expected next month.
Im really excited for the refresh and have been reading through threads on MR and tech sites about the air. I was reading through the MBA pages on the apple website and came across this..
MacBook Air continues its legacy of firsts with something entirely new for any Mac: flash storage. ...
My predictions for the new air are sandy bridge, thunderbolt, and possibly a backlit keyboard and 4GB ram standard configuration. Even if it comes with all of these, its going to be an awesome refresh and significant performance boost:D

I think that the 'legacy of firsts' for the MBA is a really good unique selling point(as well as the hi-res screen and obvious portability of the machine). What do you think could be the next feature of the MBA which will carry on the legacy of first?

Last edited:

leftywamumonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
California
Tinted windows and silver rims along with 3 cup holders.

Honestly, I just with they put back the backlight, but I don't think they will, at least not until another redesign.

fkhan3

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Oh boy! people have high hopes for this refresh. Lets hope masses are not dissapointed if we only got Sandy Bridge and Thunderbolt.

biodigitaljazz

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
Lets hope masses are not dissapointed if we only got Sandy Bridge and Thunderbolt.

If they are, it would just be like people complaining about the B2S deal. I was too initially disappointed about it, but after thinking about it awhile, I realized: They don't HAVE to give us anything for purchasing their products. So, I will be using my $100 card to get Pages, and probably music. My point is: even if they don't light the keyboard back up, Thunderbolt on the MBA is a GREAT improvement, and as I understand, the Sandy Bridge processors will be as well.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Oh boy! people have high hopes for this refresh. Lets hope masses are not dissapointed if we only got Sandy Bridge and Thunderbolt.

I know I'll be devastated, devastated I tell ya, and won't be able to get out of bed for a week if that's all we get. :rolleyes:

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
If they are, it would just be like people complaining about the B2S deal. I was too initially disappointed about it, but after thinking about it awhile, I realized: They don't HAVE to give us anything for purchasing their products. So, I will be using my $100 card to get Pages, and probably music. My point is: even if they don't light the keyboard back up, Thunderbolt on the MBA is a GREAT improvement, and as I understand, the Sandy Bridge processors will be as well.

Why don't I see gold plating on the list of improvements? I know you secretly want it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.