PDA

View Full Version : Which MacBook Should I Get?

Firebourne88
Jun 17, 2011, 03:16 PM
I'm looking at a couple different macbooks, one is the 13 in aluminium unibbody 2.4 4gb of ram and a 250 hdd. The other is the newer white unibody macbook with 2.4 4gb of ram and a 320gb hdd. I make dvds, play games, and do very light video editing but with hd files. I read the guide but I just wanted to hear opinions and personal preference. They are both used and in great condition so thats not a deciding factor. Thanks for the input

Hellhammer
Jun 17, 2011, 03:19 PM
The white one has a better GPU so for gaming, it's a lot better choice.

Firebourne88
Jun 17, 2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks I also saw that supposedly the new macbooks will support 8gb of ram is that true i know 4gb is what apple states but can it hold the 8gb and function? i also heard something about the 1tb internal drive works in the macbook also is this true?

Hellhammer
Jun 17, 2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks I also saw that supposedly the new macbooks will support 8gb of ram is that true i know 4gb is what apple states but can it hold the 8gb and function? i also heard something about the 1tb internal drive works in the macbook also is this true?

Both are true.

glossywhite
Jun 17, 2011, 04:39 PM
I'm looking at a couple different macbooks, one is the 13 in aluminium unibbody 2.4 4gb of ram and a 250 hdd. The other is the newer white unibody macbook with 2.4 4gb of ram and a 320gb hdd. I make dvds, play games, and do very light video editing but with hd files. I read the guide but I just wanted to hear opinions and personal preference. They are both used and in great condition so thats not a deciding factor. Thanks for the input

Do yourself a favour, and don't bother with the white unibody. I have one, and the 4Gb ram limit is pants, and if the rubber bottom peels off the one you may buy (it is a known fault which Apple fix free, but why go down this route without need?) then you'll be annoyed.

For the little extra, I'd buy AT LEAST the 13" MBP.

dukebound85
Jun 17, 2011, 04:45 PM
Do yourself a favour, and don't bother with the white unibody. I have one, and the 4Gb ram limit is pants, and if the rubber bottom peels off the one you may buy (it is a known fault which Apple fix free, but why go down this route without need?) then you'll be annoyed.

For the little extra, I'd buy AT LEAST the 13" MBP.

You realize you can put 8 gigs in that machine right?

yauzers619
Jun 17, 2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0358117

Micro Center offers a 13" i5 Macbook Pro (2011) for $999. The same price as a polycarb 13".

People have had luck having their local Best Buy or Apple Store price match that price.

I would go with the MBP.

Firebourne88
Jun 17, 2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks for all the input the only problem is I'm selling my current laptop to get this one so I have to go used and can't wait to save up so its either the newer mackbook white unibody or the older aluminium unibody only thing I like about the newer one is really the better video card is this a good enough reason to? go ahead and get it

altecXP
Jun 18, 2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all the input the only problem is I'm selling my current laptop to get this one so I have to go used and can't wait to save up so its either the newer mackbook white unibody or the older aluminium unibody only thing I like about the newer one is really the better video card is this a good enough reason to? go ahead and get it

I would go with the white. It's technically the more capable machine.