Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hokiepokie07

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Is it possible to delete Apps from iCloud? I have a bunch on there I don't want to redownload, and would rather just wipe them out for good. So that way, when I go to redownload apps at a later date, those would not redownload.

Thanks.

dchao

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
There is no cloud storage. There is only your purchased history list. I doubt you can delete the items on the list. A lot of people have also request merging of the two Apple ID's (with two separate purchased lists), which is actually a lot easier than removing items from the list.

Fresh Tendrils

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Yeah, Apple really needs to tweak the purchased apps feature. On mine there is probably about 20-30 'lite' and 'free' apps that I've since bought the full versions of, and also about another 30 apps that were so rubbish that I'll never want to download them again. It's a new feature though, so I'm sure they'll introduce some sort of editing system in the months to come :)

radtom

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Merge two accounts

There is no cloud storage. There is only your purchased history list. I doubt you can delete the items on the list. A lot of people have also request merging of the two Apple ID's (with two separate purchased lists), which is actually a lot easier than removing items from the list.

People have requested merging two Apple ID's but has anyone been successful? If so, how, because Apple Support won't do it....

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
United States
Is it possible to delete Apps from iCloud? I have a bunch on there I don't want to redownload, and would rather just wipe them out for good. So that way, when I go to redownload apps at a later date, those would not redownload.

Thanks.

Apple just keeps a cache of what you purchased... you are not storing apps because apple already has them.

cinematicme

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2011
Yeah, Apple really needs to tweak the purchased apps feature. On mine there is probably about 20-30 'lite' and 'free' apps that I've since bought the full versions of, and also about another 30 apps that were so rubbish that I'll never want to download them again. It's a new feature though, so I'm sure they'll introduce some sort of editing system in the months to come :)

I doubt there will be any kind of editing system, your purchase history is YOUR purchase history, giving you the ability to edit what you've bought would be like giving you a stack of receipts and a bottle of white out.

The Norman

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
One simple button to change the view from "complete history" to "things I don't regret downloading". Same button in TV Shows and Music please. I'm ridiculously picky and I still have a few dozen crappers in there. I can only imagine what some of your purchased lists look like.

The Norman

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Totally deleting them doesn't seem to be the best idea, but "smart list" views would be very useful. Think about the poor person downloading every possible free lite trial version available. Granted, they get what they deserve or whatnot, but this eternal trail is making me think twice before trying free apps, songs, or shows.

sabahm

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2012
You can remove the apps but it is better not to delete it permanently. Although, all the apps are being stored on iCloud server associated with your history and cache, But it is better not to pull its leg :D

----------

According to what i have experienced, apple store all the apps with your account so whether you install or uninstall it you can get it again whenever you wishes too...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.