PDA

View Full Version : FS: PowerMac G4 Tower - Loaded

pubwvj
Mar 26, 2005, 07:45 PM
Tower PowerMac Sawtooth 500MHz G4

Edit: Graphite (looks blue to me :) but I'm told it is officially Graphite!)

1.25GB of RAM <-- WOW!

56K Modem

2 USB port
2 Firewire 400 ports
Audio in (microphone jack)
Audio out (head set jack)
Ethernet 10BaseT
and all the usual built-in ports...

Hard Drives: 10GB original drive + 100GB 2nd internal drive

ZIP drive - haven't used in years, have no disks, can't test. Worked fine last time I tried it. Does anyone even use ZIP now? I think you could put another internal hard drive in that bay. Or another CD drive, etc.

DVD-RAM drive - Reads CD's and DVD's fine but the DVD-RAM feature is a tad flukey so think of it as CD/DVD drive. Could be replaced with a more modern drive.

Original Apple Mouse

Original Apple Keyboard - keys a bit sticky - probably needs cleaning

Black LogiTech Elite keyboard - great keyboard - this is what we use.

UMax scanner Astra 2200 (need VueScan or Photoshop or something in Classic to use)

Airstick game controller from MacAlly - Great flight stick

Gently used. Excellent condition both cosmetically and functionally. Original owner. Smoke free environment. Kept behind a surge surpressor and battery backup at all times.

17" Color Monitor - works well, has done occassional red flicker for years that always made me think it was going to die but it keeps on working. Case is not in perfect condition. Some mars and a hole I cut in the case but it functions. Consider it a freebie with the package. It is _Heavy_. If you don't want it say so and save on the shipping.

MacOS X 10.3.8 installed + original CDs for Panther

We use this machine for web browsing, email, games, VirtualPC, more games, school work, iMovie making, photo editing, etc, etc. It is an excellent machine that still has years of service to offer. We are selling it as we are moving to a new much smaller house and need to cut down on our stuff. Our PowerBook Pismo and iBook are going to have to do in the future. :)

$700 for everything or best reasonable offer above in next month.

Buyer pays actual shipping. UPS or FedEx available.

Payment via Paypal, Visa, MasterCard or Western Union Money Order prepaid.

rickvanr
Mar 27, 2005, 08:12 PM
pictures?

pubwvj
Mar 28, 2005, 06:27 AM
pictures?

Right now the machine is installed under the desk in it's protected cubby and running doing work all day long. You can find photos on the web. Basically it is a blue and silver tower case. It is in excellent condition and runs perfectly. It has never given us any problems.

pubwvj
Mar 28, 2005, 09:25 AM
You can see a stock picture of this type of machine, along with specs, at:

https://www.azatek.com/details.asp?iid=527

That barebones system is being sold by them for $500 with minimal RAM and HD. My system has much larger hard drive spaces (110GB between two drives (10GB + 100GB)), larger memory (1.25GB), scanner, monitor, MacOS X 10.3.8 Panther and other extras is an extremely good deal at only $700.

When I get a chance, maybe later today, I'll take photos of ours and put them up here.

Cheers,

-Walter Jeffries
(802) 439-6462
wnjok@blacklightning.com

Patmian212
Mar 28, 2005, 12:29 PM
What is its front side bus again?

pubwvj
Mar 28, 2005, 01:51 PM
What is its front side bus again?

Under the Apple in About This Mac More Info I see:

Bus speed: 100MHz

pubwvj
Mar 28, 2005, 04:18 PM
Here are photos of the PowerMac G4 and it's buddies...
Ask away if you have any questions!
-Walter Jeffries
in Vermont

CanadaRAM
Mar 28, 2005, 04:35 PM
Minor correction, that's a graphite G4 tower - the "Blue and White" designation is reserved for the G3 tower.

For anyone who is at a distance from you, the shipping cost for the monitor and scanner may be more than they're worth - you might want to try pricing as separate items as well as a bundle.

pubwvj
Mar 28, 2005, 07:53 PM
Minor correction, that's a graphite G4 tower - the "Blue and White" designation is reserved for the G3 tower.

Thanks for the correction! I have edited the description. It definitely is a 500MHz G4 PowerMac. That's the important part, not what colors I see or fail to see. :)

For anyone who is at a distance from you, the shipping cost for the monitor and scanner may be more than they're worth - you might want to try pricing as separate items as well as a bundle.

Good point, on the monitor in particular. As I mentioned, consider it a freebie if you want it, otherwise save shipping and leave it out. It is heavy. The scanner is pretty light weight so that might be worth it. It works well. But again, if someone doesn't want it, just say so and save on the shipping. The main gig is the PowerMac with all the extra RAM (1.25GB) and hard drive space (110GB). It is a nice machine but too big a system for our future home - think real small!

Cheers,

-Walter
in Vermont

wwooden
Mar 29, 2005, 02:58 PM
where in Vermont are you? I might be interested in just the tower, no monitor or scanner. What price for just the tower?

pubwvj
Mar 29, 2005, 05:28 PM
where in Vermont are you? I might be interested in just the tower, no monitor or scanner. What price for just the tower?

We're just east of Barre-Montpelier, Vermont. Are you near by? If so you can come by, see the system setup and buy it saving on shipping.

For just the tower it would be $650 including the extra hard drive and RAM.

Here is a break out of the individual items:
PowerMac G4 500MHz 1.25GB RAM 110GB HD (2 disks) $650
Original Apple Mouse $10 (needs cleaning, some hard keys)
Original Apple Keyboard $10 (works great)
LogiTech Elite Keyboard $50 (it is virtually brand new and great)
Umax Scanner $20 (works great - I use it with Classic driver)
Monitor $25 (taped over hole in case, works fine, 16" visible diagonal)
MacAlly Airstick game controller $25 (new in box, never used or opened)
Itemized total = $790

Save $90 if you buy the entire Package $700.

Buyer pays shipping.

pubwvj
Apr 1, 2005, 12:05 PM
Original Apple keyboard is sold.
Lowering package price to $690.

pubwvj
Apr 20, 2005, 12:26 PM
Scanner, Airstick and monitor sold. Price reduced to $600.