Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
resize

Leatherback by Peil Leather. Works good.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
The best bag I've found to date is the bag Apple gave out at WWDC 2002. Marvelous, roomy bag that looks awesomely Apple-tastical, while still looking professional enough to cart around to important things. I re-riveted the straps about a year ago, and it should be good to go for another nine years!

http://www.appleshirts.com/?p=122

A few good pictures of it there. I usually keep my Air in the back part towards the middle separator of the bag - my iPad stays up front where laptops are meant to go :p I keep pens, pencils, and various cables in the pockets in the front, so I don't want them scratching up my Air. I've kept it looking great for two years now, don't want to ruin my streak ;)

Tootles

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
3af92_Hiking_Daypacks_31Tg5cQ6TML.jpg

Seriously though, I don't plan to buy any bag especially for my future MBA. The sturdiness of the MBA allows it to be carried along with other typical daypack cargo. Same as what I do now with my iBook G4, but at only half the weight.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Twelvesouth Bookbook and waterfield cargo bag: Yes I know the bookbook adds bulk but I don't care - need stealth as MBA used in public events for registration. Waterfield suede sleeve when not using in public.
caargo.jpg

36c30e1b.jpg

4688d125.jpg

Last edited:

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Amazing how that google works,huh?
Yep, sometimes it's stunning. :D

I have a bookbook as well for my MBA11. The first time I took my MBA to work, I laid the bookbook on the kitchen counter, along with all the other detritus I need for work.

Wife: "What's that in the kitchen?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Wife: "That old book? Why are you taking that to work?"
Me: "It's a laptop case."
Wife: "Come on, it is not."

I had to open it to prove to her it was a laptop case.

At work, I had it laying, closed, on a table and someone came into my office for a meeting. They sat down at the table and while I was talking to someone else, I could see them staring at the 'book'. They looked at the spine to see what the title was, then tried to open it.

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
Guess I'm getting beat up on for being lazy eh? Oh well. I always view the forums on tapatalk so it's easier to ask sometimes rather than trying to web surf on phone.

Thanks for info though. I'm using the envelope look alike but book is pretty cool too.

Amazing how that google works,huh?

Also on apple site under iPad accessories....

Why would I have thought to look under iPad accessorizes for a MacBook air case? Strange.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Guess I'm getting beat up on for being lazy eh? Oh well. I always view the forums on tapatalk so it's easier to ask sometimes rather than trying to web surf on phone.

Thanks for info though. I'm using the envelope look alike but book is pretty cool too.

Why would I have thought to look under iPad accessorizes for a MacBook air case? Strange.
my bad...under MBA accessories on apple site

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.