Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil22

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Hi all, I have been ripping my DVDs for the past few weeks for my apple tv and iPad. My workflow is as follows:

anyDVD > Hanbrake (encode using apple tv preset) > metax > iTunes

Everything is working well apart from the tagging part. I only have a windows machine, however, I feel the tagging of metadata to be the weakest part of the setup. I was wondering if any windows users can recommend any other tagging software that is suitable for the iTunes ecosystem? I know that on the mac people have more of a choice.

Also, when I watch my films on the iPad, under the chapters field the images for them are blank? Is there a way to get chapter images to show? I'm quite new at this so there may be a setting I'm overlooking.

Lastly, using metax I wrongly tagged some films with the wrong rating, when I retagged the files the correct rating shows up in iTunes and the iPad, however, on the apple tv it still shows the original wrong rating? This is after numerous re-syncs. Is there a way to clear the meta data from a file and start again?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.