Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjhamill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
I use synergy on a daily basis and was wondering, is it compatible with Lion?

cysayles

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Hangs between Win 7 and Lion

It worked just fine with Snow Leopard and Win7, then when I updated to Lion the MacBook it seemed OK but wouldn't wake up without hanging (the Win 7 computer showed no issues).

I also disconnected Synergy to make sure that's what was causing the issue(s) and the MacBook worked like it should.

Mmarzex

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2009
It worked just fine with Snow Leopard and Win7, then when I updated to Lion the MacBook it seemed OK but wouldn't wake up without hanging (the Win 7 computer showed no issues).

I also disconnected Synergy to make sure that's what was causing the issue(s) and the MacBook worked like it should.

Try reinstalling that solved the lag issue for me. Now I use it fine between my macbook as the server and my netbook hackintosh, and my windows desktop just fine.

Clifto

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Anyone else have any luck with synergy km working with lion? The pref pane gives me all kinds of trouble.

ro-76

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2008
Anyone else have any luck with synergy km working with lion? The pref pane gives me all kinds of trouble.

Did you have any success? I get the same problems with the pref pane not responding etc.

Clifto

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Did you have any success? I get the same problems with the pref pane not responding etc.

I have not had any success. I am trying this on a 2011 MacBook Air with Lion pre-installed. I wonder if this is not an issue with people who upgraded from SL? Also I believe the MBA's have a slightly different build than GM Lion? Food for thought.

I really would like to have SynergyKM working. Life saver!

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Didn't really work all that well here. I could set everything up, but the connections weren't working.

I then removed SynergyKM, downloaded the server files from http://synergy-foss.org, created a config file by hand (there are example files and it's all in the readme), and that worked fine.

rizonable

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2011
must reboot

had the same problem. I rebooted after installing and it just worked. I'm using a very basic config with the hostname as defined in system pref panel > sharing, default location with enable bonjour set. All other settings are default.

Hope that helps.

twalker294

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2010
buggy for me...

I'm using it with Lion (13" C2D Macbook Pro upgraded to Lion from SL,) and it works but the "Turn Synergy On/Off" in the GUI doesn't do anything. In order to stop and start it, I have to kill the process with Activity Monitor then go back to the Synergy pref pane and start it there. Minor annoyance but it worked fine with Snow Leopard.

Clifto

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
I have a feeling that all of you that have been able to tweak this and make synergyKM work on Lion upgraded from SL. Anyone get this to work on a new Mac with Lion pre-installed? Still no luck here on 2011 MBA. I tried using activity monitor to stop the synergyd and synergyc processes with no luck.

Clifto

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Ok, got it to work finally. Instead of using the screen name for the windows 7 machine I used the IP address. Location was set to default, bonjour was NOT enabled and a basic left to right right to left config. My status is showing not running...but it is working great. Also The Turn Synergy On button is well saying Turn On...so the gui is all kinda messed up but it will work on Lion pre-installed if you jack around with it enough. YAY!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.