PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch Electric Shock!




Goftrey
Jun 18, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, another damn problem with one of my Apple products, my iPod Touch 1st gen 16gb has been absolutely super since I got it, until I plugged it into my iBook G3 today and touched the small chrome strip between the bezel and the antenna with my top lip (as you do) and it shocked me! It didn't hurt, it just gave a little prick. What shall I do? Put up with the electric shocks and take it like a man or smash it to bits with a sledgehammer and feed it to the Chiwawa next door?



Alaerian
Jun 20, 2011, 01:33 AM
Drama queen much?

Holoshed
Jun 20, 2011, 06:12 AM
Hey guys, another damn problem with one of my Apple products, my iPod Touch 1st gen 16gb has been absolutely super since I got it, until I plugged it into my iBook G3 today and touched the small chrome strip between the bezel and the antenna with my top lip (as you do) and it shocked me! It didn't hurt, it just gave a little prick. What shall I do? Put up with the electric shocks and take it like a man or smash it to bits with a sledgehammer and feed it to the Chiwawa next door?

Ask it "Y u no love me?!" and if it doesn't answer shock it back.

marc11
Jun 20, 2011, 06:36 AM
I think you should stop making out with your i devices.

macingman
Jun 20, 2011, 07:04 AM
1. What are you doing pressing iPods against you lips.
2. Your overreacting.
3. What you felt wasn't an electric shock but rather static electricity from the metal back of the iPod.
4. If it was a real electric shock believe me it would of felt a lot worse than just a "prick".

EvanLugh
Jun 20, 2011, 09:39 AM
i think it was just static shock - it happened to me alot when i charged/charging my ipod touch (1st gen).*


*(not sure why you got stupid responses)

rodsparks
Jan 9, 2012, 03:39 PM
You may have received a shock from the iPod.

My son received a shock while charging the an iPod Touch 4G, while turning off a light.

I can replicate the voltage reliably with a voltmeter. When the iPod Touch is being charged by dongle, the case when grounded produces 31V, on the AC setting off an autoranging multimeter.

Also, all 4 Touch 4g's purchased a t Christmas are the same way, and my Iphone as well.

I will attempt to try this with a different dongle.

crmccashin
Jan 9, 2012, 06:28 PM
Keep ELECTRONIC devices out of you mouth...

Shrink
Jan 9, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hey guys, another damn problem with one of my Apple products, my iPod Touch 1st gen 16gb has been absolutely super since I got it, until I plugged it into my iBook G3 today and touched the small chrome strip between the bezel and the antenna with my top lip (as you do) and it shocked me! It didn't hurt, it just gave a little prick. What shall I do? Put up with the electric shocks and take it like a man or smash it to bits with a sledgehammer and feed it to the Chiwawa next door?

The Chiwawa might come from Chihuahua.:D

chrf097
Jan 9, 2012, 09:09 PM
It's called static shock. It happens with a lot of things, particularly metal things.

Hey guys, another damn problem with one of my Apple products, my iPod Touch 1st gen 16gb has been absolutely super since I got it, until I plugged it into my iBook G3 today and touched the small chrome strip between the bezel and the antenna with my top lip (as you do) and it shocked me! It didn't hurt, it just gave a little prick.

No...no, I'm not sure I do at all....

unkn0w3d.us3r
Jan 13, 2012, 03:10 PM
1. What are you doing pressing iPods against you lips.
2. Your overreacting.
3. What you felt wasn't an electric shock but rather static electricity from the metal back of the iPod.
4. If it was a real electric shock believe me it would of felt a lot worse than just a "prick".

Nice DJ