Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mistashizzle

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
My first app, I made it to get the hang of xcode and the the whole process of making and submitting an app. It's a fully functional calculator with the ability to calculate a tip and split the tip between any number of people. Shows the tip, the tip + the total, the individuals part of the bill and the individuals tip. Incorporated all the features someone would want and put them under a full calculator so you could throw the calculator app in a folder and clear up space on your main screen.

Any suggestions / comments are appreciated. I know it isn't pretty, but it has everything on one screen and is easy to use. Working on a game now.

iTunes Link

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
I like it. I like the split the bill option. Only things I might suggest, ditch the start up splash screen, it looks cheesy and the slider for the tip percent is hard to get exact, maybe have an option to type in the percentage, or arrows to move one percent at a time either way, so you slide to get it close and then fine tune it one percent at a time up or down.

mistashizzle

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Thanks for the feedback.

From what I understood submitting the app it is required to have an image to show while the app is starting. It said provide a splash screen or a screenshot of a simulated interface. I figured a screen would be better in case something causes loading to take a while so someone isn't trying to use the interface before the app starts. I could make a better looking start screen, I'm learning my way around Photoshop as I make images for the game I'm working on.

The arrows for the tip percent is a good idea, shouldn't be too hard to add. I could make the slider a bit less wide and throw an arrow or either side or two arrows next to each other on one side, maybe ill try both and see what it looks like.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Congratulations on your app. I don't have any suggestions but only a selfish comment.

I wish I could find a simple calculator that goes out to as many positions as possible and will convert from decimal to hex, much like the scientific calc on a pc. If there's one out here for the iPad/iPhone pls point me to it.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Congratulations on your app. I don't have any suggestions but only a selfish comment.

I wish I could find a simple calculator that goes out to as many positions as possible and will convert from decimal to hex, much like the scientific calc on a pc. If there's one out here for the iPad/iPhone pls point me to it.

have you checked out pcalc? http://www.pcalc.com/iphone/index.html

OP: Careful. I thought that posting reviews of your own apps was against the rules. (Unless there's two mistashizzle's out there ;) )

B

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Only thing I don't like is the iAd pops up on app and springboard. I have iAd killer installed and still not blocking them. Anyone have a fix for that?

mistashizzle

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Only thing I don't like is the iAd pops up on app and springboard. I have iAd killer installed and still not blocking them. Anyone have a fix for that?

I don't know. I threw them in because it cost $100 to sign up as a developer and as a college student I'm not tripping over extra money. There's nothing under them though, so I don't see why it would matter.

Seems like an odd place to ask a question like that, though.

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Not odd at all. I don't like to use apps with iAds especially after exiting the app, it shows back on status bar in springboard.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Balmw, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Real help just like this is what makes being a member of this community worthwhile. Again thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.