Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Well, Time is now on the list like ATI. They blew the whole thing the night before the expo. I'm slightly underwhelmed now. At least it has a G4.

Gus

I

iCinder

oh well. maybe now we will see a real cease and desist instead of thew fake spymac one!!!

hotch

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
This release was planned. I am almost positive of the fact. Jobs is planning a true wow. This is NOT going where no PC has gone before, this is NOT revolutionary. Tomorrow's keynote is going to be one to remember...

Steve, if you make me eat my words: I know where you live...

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
TopPhoto_140102.jpg

TIME_cover_140102.jpg

CD/DVD Drive is on the front... you can see it barely...

Gus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
I'm wondering if the $1299 is Canadian or US dollars? It is at Time Canada after all. Also, why does the web article say January 14, 2002. I know the magazine hits shelves that day, but why make the web article available one week before the print with the week later date? Weird.

Gus

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
$1299 is should be canadian....

Jan 14th is the for the week... that is normal...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I agree with hotch

I don't think Steve nor Apple is unaware of this...I still think we are going to be completely floored tomorrow by something bigger than this...

I can't help but to have a feeling they wanted it this way....maybe to throw us off into thinking different?

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
I agree

This release was planned. Probably by Steve himself, and just discreetly enough (CANADA for God's sake, why THERE) so it would look like they got insider information. Think about it, what is the liklyhood (sp?) that Jobs and that other guy, across from him, would be standing around that thing in front of of a photo screen BEFORE Macworld. It's deliberate disinformation, done just subtly and clandestinely enough that it wouldn't look like disinformation. edit: added: Also, there is no way a G4 with heatsink as well as everything else could fit in that dome. Next, the monitor is 12.1 in that photo, not 15" and Apple wouldn't dare release anything smaller than that, and not prepare to deal with enraged Keynote viewers. I can see it now...

"and now folks, the moment you've been waiting for for three years has arrived. Bring out the new iMac" [iMac LCD is wheeled out on stage. Gasps from the audience, but they realize they just must be sitting too far back to see the screen size clearly] "Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's an iMac... with an LCD screen, and at 12.1 inches--"

"Get off the stage, ya coot!"

"You SUCK!!"

"Charge the stage!!! Get the traitor!!! YAAA!!!" [fans start charging Steve Jobs, ripping him limb from limb until his body is a broken mass on the floor. Keynote ends early.]

Now if Apple doesn't want a reaction similar to this, and while I realize they probably wouldn't KILL him, I think you get the idea of what will happen if the screen is that small, they WILL release a 15" LCD iMac.

[Edited by GeeYouEye on 01-07-2002 at 01:54 AM]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.