PDA

View Full Version : iPad 1 Crashing on TV Shows when I approach <5GB remaining!!

nickosbad
Jun 19, 2011, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone

I am having some issues with my iPad and was wondering if anyone has had similar problems

I recently updated to 4.3.3 and did a fresh restore in anticipation of my flights to Orlando from the UK, I was all ready to watch Prison Break that I had ripped on the plane until I found that whenever I tried to access the TV shows listings it crashed my iPad

I was able to find ANY TV shows using the search function but accessing ANY of them (even purchased ones from itunes) crashed the video app

I WAS able to access the movies I had stored on there though

I have done some experimenting this morning now I am back and it seems that once I approach less than 5GB of remaining space, the TV shows function crashes.......Free up some more space and they work (I even tried different TV series in case there was a corrupt file)

I can fill it FULL with movies and not experience the same issues though

I have tried restores etc but nothing has helped. The iPad is laggy compared to before and whilst newer software versions have seemed to slow it down gradually thus particular issue has ONLY happened since I updated to 4.3.3

I have apple care, do you think this will be hardware or is it just a bug in the software (I haven't been able to find anyone with similar problems though)

Mac.World
Jun 19, 2011, 10:27 AM
Lack of memory problem, most likely, as in RAM.