PDA

View Full Version : Amazon rebate does not show Tiger release in April

gopher
Mar 27, 2005, 05:14 PM
Before others were speculating that Amazon's rebate was going to require an April or May release date for Tiger. Now the post mark date is by July 1, 2005. That means Tiger could still be released at the end of the first half of the year and not require an April or May release. Granted, the rebate is technically not going to be offered after May 31st, but as long as you post mark it before the end of the June, you are good to go.

vouder17
Mar 27, 2005, 05:46 PM
Before others were speculating that Amazon's rebate was going to require an April or May release date for Tiger. Now the post mark date is by July 1, 2005. That means Tiger could still be released at the end of the first half of the year and not require an April or May release. Granted, the rebate is technically not going to be offered after May 31st, but as long as you post mark it before the end of the June, you are good to go.

Ok you might have a point...but think about this, apple hears about this rebate 'slip'....they get angry, so they say to amazon...change it so that it shows in the first half of the year, but the truth is that amazon knows that it will be before that. Lets hope.

I really cant wait for Tiger...I hope it gets released on Friday.

DjVoTeZ

Lacero
Mar 27, 2005, 05:49 PM
Has it already been 2 years since the last major upgrade? Tiger should have been what OSX was initially. OSX will be finally mature with Tiger, and it only took 8 years to get to this point. Prediction. Next OSX upgrade will occur in 2008.

daveL
Mar 27, 2005, 05:51 PM
I really cant wait for Tiger...I hope it gets released on Friday.

DjVoTeZ
April 1st is the rumored *announcement*, with a ship date two weeks or so after that.

gopher
Mar 27, 2005, 05:55 PM
Has it already been 2 years since the last major upgrade? Tiger should have been what OSX was initially. OSX will be finally mature with Tiger, and it only took 8 years to get to this point. Prediction. Next OSX upgrade will occur in 2008.

OS X is quite mature already. I am very happy with Panther. In fact I migrated to Mac OS X, May 2001! Yes believe it or not, it was possible under 10.0 to migrate to it. Now it has gotten much better since then, but I would not say "finally" mature. For now, it is just different. If you watched the 2005 San Francisco keynote, you'll have seen 14 million have migrated to Mac OS X.

pgre
Mar 28, 2005, 12:43 PM
April 1st is the rumored *announcement*, with a ship date two weeks or so after that.

Any idea where these roumors are coming from ?
i.e. do we think they are worth listening too ?

gopher
Mar 28, 2005, 12:47 PM
Any idea where these roumors are coming from ?
i.e. do we think they are worth listening too ?

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2005/03/20050311160549.shtml
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2005/03/20050315062535.shtml

Still questionable to be sure. Many believe that because Thinksecret and eWeek say it, it must be true. But then again, this could be a cruel joke by Apple to see who actually made the leak happen.

Punani
Mar 28, 2005, 01:04 PM
OS X is quite mature already. I am very happy with Panther. In fact I migrated to Mac OS X, May 2001! Yes believe it or not, it was possible under 10.0 to migrate to it. Now it has gotten much better since then, but I would not say "finally" mature. For now, it is just different. If you watched the 2005 San Francisco keynote, you'll have seen 14 million have migrated to Mac OS X.OS X is based on NeXTstep. And so I guess it could be considered "mature." The problem is that Apple seems to have a habit of changing a lot of private APIs. AFAIK it's become more difficult to create little hacks on the Dock because Apple has decided that the Menu bar is where those things should be and killed off a ton of the undocumented Dock APIs.

With Tiger people are expecting, for the most part, the finalization of the APIs.

Also, I seriously question Amazon as a reliable source of Tiger's arrival. I would expect Apple to inform it's own retail stores before a 3rd party.