Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmeyaPro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
Mumbai, India
Hello Guys,
I am planning to buy iPod but confuse in which one to buy I am interested in iPod Classic or iPod Nano (some how I am not interested in iPod Touch) I like the size & portability in iPod Nano & I like the Capacity of iPod Classic it'll just stores my full 100GB collection still will be lot more space to use but on our forum I read Apple is going to update their full iPod family this September will you guys suggest me to wait or which one buy.
Waiting for your replies
Thank You
Take Care
:apple:

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
I would probably buy the classic. If it gets updated, it will probably be a small update. I have used the nano and find it hard to navigate and use easily with its tiny touchscreen, so if you want a nano, I would buy the 5G.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I'd go with the classic. It's got higher capacity, and with the 6G nano, apple ruined any advantage the nano had. If you want a touch screen go with the iPod touch instead of the nano.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
I currently have an iPod Shuffle (the current version), and the sound quality is not as good as an iPod Touch or an iPad. So I wouldn't risk it with the Nano - I would get a Classic. The Classic also feels more solid.

But, I'm someone who does not have any video content in iTunes, so I would want something that's used just for music, like the Shuffle. If I wanted pictures too, the Nano. All I want is something base though, that can play music.

For someone who only wants music, a Shuffle is the best. For someone who wants a multimedia portable iPod with a lot of space to store videos, photos, music, etc. the Classic is the way to go. For someone who wants a little extra than the Shuffle (for pictures, FM radio, pedometer, etc.) the Nano is the way to go.

So I really can't tell you which one to buy, because I vote for the Shuffle. But like I said, its sound quality is questionable. You can't notice it as much on headphones, but when plugged into a car, it sounds much worse than a CD-R or iPad/iPod Touch connected to the car via aux.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.