Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Hello all,

I've been dabbling with the idea of helping my church create a VERY simple app. However, I really have no idea how to do so. I know this is akin to going into a photoshop forum and asking "how do I use photoshop"... so I apologize if this seems like an ignorant request. I know app developers are very skilled individuals and don't want to belittle your abilities.

However, is there a place I can go to learn the basics of app building? I'm more of a graphic design guy than coder and have CS5 Master Suite, so from what I can tell, I have the basic tools needed and should be able to use Flash to write something basic. What I don't have is the know how. Might you have a place you would recommend I start to learn the very basics? Any resources you think would be helpful?

-jon

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I'd look at the sticky thread at the top of the iPhone Programming forum. If you have specific questions that forum is where to post it. There are lots of very similar posts/thread in there with lots of advice for you to read too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.