Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youngsunnz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Can someone help me out with an issue I am having with the ios 5 beta and icloud?

I have a mobile me account and i go into settings and into the icloud tab. It asks for my screename which I enter with @me.com and my password. It then says. "the iCloud account "myscreename@me.com" is already configured press edit to change the account information, or press cancel to stop configuring a new icloud account. and then it has the option for cancel or edit." I press edit and nothing happends that notification just disappears. I cant login to the icloud feature in io5 i dont know if thats able to happen yet because its a beta but arent you allowed to manage the storage some how? I cant seem to login to the icloud feature on the ios 5 beta.

Thank you

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
You can not use an MobileMe Account for iCloud. This is well documented on the Dev Web Site and on multiple treads here.

We are expecting a MobileMe -> iCloud Upgrade Option in the future.

http://www.me.com/upgrade

iCloud is for testing and I do not think they want you to use your primary MobileMe Account yet.

youngsunnz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
i tried using my itunes id and it says unsupported apple id mobileme requires an apple id that is an email address (including @me.com addresses).

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
i tried using my itunes id and it says unsupported apple id mobileme requires an apple id that is an email address (including @me.com addresses).

You need to change your non-email Apple ID to a new one with an email address. You do not create a new Apple ID, simply edit the one on your current account that you use for iTunes to an email address. Purchases are tied to your account not your Apple ID.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE40

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
interestingly in the new transition document, Apple are not allowing you to merge your apple ID with a mobileme account if you made one seperately, like i did about a year ago, made a mobileme account, stopped using it, now when iCloud launches, i can't merge it with my existing Apple ID on iCloud. which blows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.