PDA

View Full Version : Sound doesn't sound right

ghsNick
Jun 20, 2011, 06:14 PM
Okay, so I just switched over from a PC to a MBP.
I have my speakers hooked up (just like I did to the PC) and the audio sounds flat? On PC you could change the sound to Rock, Rap, Live, etc. I looked in Audio but couldn't find many settings that I could change. Is there a place to change the sound theme of the music?

TMRaven
Jun 20, 2011, 07:47 PM
Do you mean the equalizer? It's found under iTunes > window. Make sure to lower the preamp as low as the highest peak in your EQ, otherwise you'll get clipping. Also usually a good idea to get a dedicated external dac for speaker setups, because internal dacs of computers are bad and/or are interfered by other computer tasks going on at the same time, causing for hiccups and noise in the music. If your speakers have their own receiver, hardware EQs are better than software EQs usually.

ghsNick
Jun 20, 2011, 08:13 PM
Do you mean the equalizer? It's found under iTunes > window. Make sure to lower the preamp as low as the highest peak in your EQ, otherwise you'll get clipping. Also usually a good idea to get a dedicated external dac for speaker setups, because internal dacs of computers are bad and/or are interfered by other computer tasks going on at the same time, causing for hiccups and noise in the music. If your speakers have their own receiver, hardware EQs are better than software EQs usually.

Life saver my man, thanks.
Yeah I changed it to rock and they're like $60 speakers w/a base from BB so not too much adjusting on their part. Sounds 100% better!

TMRaven
Jun 21, 2011, 11:10 AM
Don't forget to lower that preamp! Apple doesn't do it for you.