Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmwmaniac1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Hey guys,

I'm a thousand light years behind all of you, so please be patient.

I'm interested in the cheapest and most practical way to stream iTunes from my laptop to my iPad 2 outside of my LAN. I was hoping to have all my music show up in my iPad iTunes, and I'm also concerned about security. I'm so frustrated that I'm on the verge of learning how to build a server. Please tell me there is a safe cheaper option that a noob can handle. Thanks in advance.

SABOND21

Feb 17, 2011
Ogre, Latvia
Hey guys,

I'm a thousand light years behind all of you, so please be patient.

I'm interested in the cheapest and most practical way to stream iTunes from my laptop to my iPad 2 outside of my LAN. I was hoping to have all my music show up in my iPad iTunes, and I'm also concerned about security. I'm so frustrated that I'm on the verge of learning how to build a server. Please tell me there is a safe cheaper option that a noob can handle. Thanks in advance.

Air PlayIt application seems can do this for you - absolutely free. You should install 1 app (server) to your Mac, and another one iPhone/iPad - http://www.airplayit.com/

If you still have any questions - ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.