PDA

View Full Version : Apple Lowers iPhone Orders Ahead of Next Generation iPhone?

MacRumors
Jun 21, 2011, 04:36 AM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/21/decline-in-iphone-orders-ahead-of-next-generation-iphone/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/10/27/154107-iphone_4_sim_slot.jpg

Digitimes claims (http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110621PD214.html) that Taiwan-based PCB (printed circuit board) supplies have cut their quotes by 10% for the quarter based on a decrease of orders by Apple.The Taiwan-based PCB companies, which are shipping products for iPads and iPhones, have seen disappointing orders for these devices in the second quarter, the sources said. Orders thus far for June show no signs of a rebound, the sources indicated.These companies reportedly supply parts for iPads and iPhones and expect orders to pick up significantly due to the expected launch of the next generation iPhone ("iPhone 4S") in the 3rd calendar quarter.

The lower demand is presumably related to the iPhone 4 which was released last year. By all accounts, demand for the iPad 2 remains high with another report (http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110621PB200.html) indicating that Apple is expecting continue sales growth in the 3rd quarter for the iPad.

Article Link: Decline in iPhone Orders Ahead of Next Generation iPhone? (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/21/decline-in-iphone-orders-ahead-of-next-generation-iphone/)

Michael Scrip
Jun 21, 2011, 04:42 AM
The next iPhone better be amazing since they're taking an extra 3 months to release it.

It was kinda cool seeing a new iPhone every summer... will it have a Fall release every year from now on?

Samsumac
Jun 21, 2011, 04:46 AM
There is a lot of competition,especially in the much cheaper segment that cannot afford or will not just buy an expensive iphone....
Apple could slash its prices somewhat, but it has been an ios marketing driven company for too long now.

Pithdog
Jun 21, 2011, 04:47 AM
The next iPhone better be amazing since they're taking an extra 3 months to release it.

It was kinda cool seeing a new iPhone every summer... will it have a Fall release every year from now on?

I think they're looking to consolidate September releases for major mobile hardware (all iPod models, iPhone, and possible iPad in the future (maybe not this year)) and keep June WWDC for all the big software changes.

ECUpirate44
Jun 21, 2011, 04:49 AM
I can see it now. Introducing the iPhone 4S. Now faster than ever featuring the A5 and an 8mp camera.
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8539/iphone42upfrontside4209n.jpg (http://img854.imageshack.us/i/iphone42upfrontside4209n.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

JohnDoe98
Jun 21, 2011, 04:50 AM
I think they're looking to consolidate September releases for major mobile hardware (all iPod models, iPhone, and possible iPad in the future (maybe not this year)) and keep June WWDC for all the big software changes.

Fall = mobiles and ios
July = macs and os x

deadlystriker
Jun 21, 2011, 04:51 AM
Hoping to be wowed by the next gen iPhone, but the 4 itself is a beautiful design. Can't imagine how they will improve it. But it's apple so who knows :cool:

Ballis
Jun 21, 2011, 04:56 AM
As long as they fixed the proximity sensor, Im getting it regardless of how big an upgrade it is. I love the design, so I hope they keep it for a while.

siii
Jun 21, 2011, 04:56 AM
Please have a 4inch edge to edge screeeeeen!

...To me its more important than speed/camera bump.

In the words of John Lennon, don't let me down.

cactus33
Jun 21, 2011, 04:58 AM
I got a heart attack cos I thought that was the actual iPhone 5/4S !!! It looks so different.

ECUpirate44
Jun 21, 2011, 04:59 AM

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not... :D

cactus33
Jun 21, 2011, 04:59 AM
I can see it now. Introducing the iPhone 4S. Now faster than ever featuring the A5 and an 8mp camera.
Image (http://img854.imageshack.us/i/iphone42upfrontside4209n.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Thats all I want. I LOVE the current iP4 design a lot !!

siii
Jun 21, 2011, 05:00 AM

:D Love it!

jmpnop
Jun 21, 2011, 05:01 AM
Android phones have great hardware but not a great OS to support it. Its apps are unpolished and hardly any app takes advantage of the dual-core CPU present in the recent phones. Apple on the other hand has been about the software. Polished OS, great apps makes it a great phone. This combined with dual-core Apple A5, more RAM and better camera will only make it better. Can't wait!:apple:

pyro008
Jun 21, 2011, 05:12 AM
WHy on earth would they want to do this? Do they really think people would drop thousands on all these devices at the same time? Spreading them out over the year was a much better idea as more people would buy them on release. Aside from that, the use of common parts between them makes it a terrible idea, unless they forsee a significant decrease in demand for the products or increase in supply of parts. I really see no reason to sync all of these releases, and no real need to change them except maybe to move the ipad to (shortly) before christmas.

d0minick
Jun 21, 2011, 05:20 AM
Android phones have great hardware but not a great OS to support it. Its apps are unpolished and hardly any app takes advantage of the dual-core CPU present in the recent phones. Apple on the other hand has been about the software. Polished OS, great apps makes it a great phone. This combined with dual-core Apple A5, more RAM and better camera will only make it better. Can't wait!:apple:

What does Android have to do with anything in the article?

We all are excited for the upgraded phone. That is why we are here. Android is great, no need to bash it or even bring it up.

ChrisTX
Jun 21, 2011, 05:22 AM

Agreed 100%, but I'll be upgrading either way, and passing my current iPhone 4 along to my mother.

jmpnop
Jun 21, 2011, 05:24 AM
What does Android have to do with anything in the article?

We all are excited for the upgraded phone. That is why we are here. Android is great, no need to bash it or even bring it up.

I meant to say the iPhone will match the competition (android) in both software and hardware. I'm not bashing Android.

ratzzo
Jun 21, 2011, 05:28 AM
Naturally. Many carriers in Spain have stopped offering them because of the low stock.

Michael Scrip
Jun 21, 2011, 05:29 AM
Agreed 100%, but I'll be upgrading either way, and passing my current iPhone 4 along to my mother.

I'm hoping whatever the next iPhone will be... that they make it for Verizon as well. It will be my first iPhone and I'm on Verizon.

It looks like they are moving iPhones to the Fall... is there any chance the next iPhone won't be on Verizon? After all... Verizon just got the iPhone in February.

I don't wanna wait any longer... but I really don't wanna buy an iPhone 4 if the next one is just around the corner.

fkhan3
Jun 21, 2011, 05:46 AM
Gimme bigger screen and 8mp camera, i'll buy

TWSS37
Jun 21, 2011, 05:48 AM
There is a lot of competition,especially in the much cheaper segment that cannot afford or will not just buy an expensive iphone....
Apple could slash its prices somewhat, but it has been an ios marketing driven company for too long now.

You do realize that even in the US, where iPhones are widely regarded as being expensive, there is a $49 model 3GS on AT&T right? Or is your definition of "much cheaper segment" less than $49?

MonkeySee....
Jun 21, 2011, 05:51 AM

Extra 3 months? Did i miss the press release saying so?

Samsumac
Jun 21, 2011, 05:53 AM
You do realize that even in the US, where iPhones are widely regarded as being expensive, there is a $49 model 3GS on AT&T right? Or is your definition of "much cheaper segment" less than $49?

There are a lot of countries where the iphone is a very expensive phone, with or without subsidies. Subsidised phones also tend to have "special" contracts that recover the subsidised sum twofold :)
Android phones have great hardware, their os is not something to worry apple YET, but you can get a decent hardware spec on an android phone much cheaper than apple..

ratzzo
Jun 21, 2011, 06:07 AM

There are no official statements from Apple. In fact, there never are. Only within a week of the actual release of a product, if anything. But since iOS5 was just showcased at WWDC, we can assume they will want to mature their iPhone 5 OS first. And thus we can guess we'll see the next iPhone around September.

But there is no such thing as a '4S'

hayds95
Jun 21, 2011, 06:13 AM

dude..it doesn't matter at all. and is highly unlikely. what's .5cm diagonal gonna do? i reckon edge-to-edge looks way tacky.

Mavimao
Jun 21, 2011, 06:14 AM
I'm personally looking forward to a price drop with the iPhone 4 when the new one comes out. I don't make the big bucks, but a 99 iPhone 4 would be perfect for my needs for the next couple years.

My nokia 1600 gets quite the laughs from people.

alistairroe
Jun 21, 2011, 06:16 AM
For ******'s sake, it will not be an iPhone 4S. It will be an iPhone 5 (as in, the 5th generation iPhone), or just an iPhone. iOS5 ≠ iPhone 4S. Hell no.

SeniorGato1
Jun 21, 2011, 06:21 AM
This helps explain why Apple's selling unlocked versions; generate more sales.

Thunderhawks
Jun 21, 2011, 06:21 AM

Imagine ..............

64GB /128 GB

8mp camera

ios 5

all the people

.....buying them in peace ooooooohhhoooo

igazza
Jun 21, 2011, 06:22 AM
iphone 5 should have 1GB of ram :eek:

jonnyb
Jun 21, 2011, 06:26 AM
For ******'s sake, it will not be an iPhone 4S. It will be an iPhone 5 (as in, the 5th generation iPhone), or just an iPhone. iOS5 ≠ iPhone 4S. Hell no.

Yes, I wish everyone would stop calling it the 4S. It will not be called the 4S.

blackburn
Jun 21, 2011, 06:30 AM
iPhone G5 :D

Now seriously apple needs an cheaper iPhone offering. Anyway what about new macs?

shazzam
Jun 21, 2011, 06:32 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

A5 chip + iPhone 5 = WIN.

Mr. Gates
Jun 21, 2011, 06:47 AM
I still have my fingers crossed for a 4.5 inch screen.

Then call it iPhone 4.5

http://www.cellphonesmarket.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ultra-thin-next-gen-iphone-concept.jpg

glossywhite
Jun 21, 2011, 06:50 AM
Apple have Jonathan Ive behind them. "Other" devices have some corporate "focus group" or an asian guy @ HTC dreaming up new ideas for the curves...

I know who gets my vote! :D

JohnDoe98
Jun 21, 2011, 06:53 AM

Then call it iPhone 4.5

Image (http://www.cellphonesmarket.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ultra-thin-next-gen-iphone-concept.jpg)

That's a nice looking phone!

glossywhite
Jun 21, 2011, 06:57 AM

It really isn't, and VERY un-Apple. The balance, styling and flow is all wrong.

mrkramer
Jun 21, 2011, 06:59 AM
WHy on earth would they want to do this? Do they really think people would drop thousands on all these devices at the same time? Spreading them out over the year was a much better idea as more people would buy them on release. Aside from that, the use of common parts between them makes it a terrible idea, unless they forsee a significant decrease in demand for the products or increase in supply of parts. I really see no reason to sync all of these releases, and no real need to change them except maybe to move the ipad to (shortly) before christmas.

If the iPhone and iPods get released at the same time I don't think it will cause a problem with sales, other than any potential problems due to part supply. How many people actually buy both an iPod and iPhone? I can't imagine there being too many, and I would imagine that in a few years the iPod will die because most people will use their phones for music.

Rot'nApple
Jun 21, 2011, 07:14 AM
:D Love it!

It's getting better all the time... :o
:apple:
:apple:

jayducharme
Jun 21, 2011, 07:19 AM

A friend of mine has a phone with a 4" screen and hates it. He says it's just too big for a phone and too small for a tablet.

I'm hoping the next iPhone is more reliable. My old 3G was rock-solid. But I'm on my third replacement iPhone 4. Yesterday for no apparent reason the phone lost contact with its SIM card, leaving me with an iPod Touch. The Apple Store couldn't explain it and just gave me another phone. I appreciate the great customer service, but three replacements in less than a year? :confused:

Keebler
Jun 21, 2011, 07:22 AM
Imagine ..............

64GB /128 GB

8mp camera

ios 5

all the people

.....buying them in peace ooooooohhhoooo

i'm sure others may have mentioned it, but your post is the 1st i've laid eyes on which wonders/hopes about higher capacity. i'm with you - i thought it was nuts they didn't have a larger size for iphone4. for me, it's to sync more music. then again, maybe with the cloud, they don't feel the need to have a larger capacity flash in it?

i can't wait though... my 3gs does the trick, but I have a brother who would benefit from having it and i'll upgrade. he's not a technical guy and doesn't want to spend oodles on contracts etc...so it will a perfect fit for him.

cheers,
keebler

rockametrics
Jun 21, 2011, 07:24 AM
For one, I agree it will not be the iPhone 4S. Being that 5th gen iPhone it will be 5. If they released the phone this month I could accept a minor improvement over the iPhone 4. There have been some strides made by competition since then. If you look at the handsets out there since the 4 was released(although I'd never buy any of them) there are some powerful impressive phones. Apple doesn't need status quo here. They need a game changer to stay in the game imo. I love the 4 and will upgrade to the 5 no matter what because I get and upgrade every year. Still, I will be disappointed if they keep the same design.
Glass=Fail Prox Sensor=Fail. Love to see these a little more durable without losing sexiness. My phone shouldn't "shatter" if dropped.

gorgeousninja
Jun 21, 2011, 07:25 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It will be interesting to see how inferior the iphone 5 will be to the top Android phones when it gets released.

Oh do you mean the new HTC Supersensationalmegaincredibling', that appeals to mainly 12-18 year olds? Meanwhile we all get iOS5 the most advanced phone OS and you wait for another year before you get a broken update to Jellyicecreamyummimummy. Guess, really depends on what you consider inferior.

dave420
Jun 21, 2011, 07:35 AM
I'd be a little surprised if they release the new iPod touch at the same time. I think the later release of the iPhone is gonna delay the iPod touch as well. Of course only time will tell.

It looks like they are moving iPhones to the Fall... is there any chance the next iPhone won't be on Verizon? After all... Verizon just got the iPhone in February.

I believe the Verizon CEO said the next iPhone would be compatible with Verizon.

adeloren
Jun 21, 2011, 07:37 AM

I agree 100%...

It isnt going to be called 4s. People should use thier common sense and realize it.

Certinfy
Jun 21, 2011, 07:37 AM
Oh do you mean the new HTC Supersensationalmegaincredibling', that appeals to mainly 12-18 year olds? Meanwhile we all get iOS5 the most advanced phone OS and you wait for another year before you get a broken update to Jellyicecreamyummimummy. Guess, really depends on what you consider inferior.
Sorry but I think the higher spec Android phones actually appeal more to young adults while I guess the iPhone appeals to anyone of any age.

Mr. Gates
Jun 21, 2011, 07:44 AM
It really isn't, and VERY un-Apple. The balance, styling and flow is all wrong.

Well there is a lot of people out there that really like this.

I can understand that you dont like the style....

But could you explain to me what you mean by

balance

&

flow

?

ChrisTX
Jun 21, 2011, 07:46 AM
I'm hoping whatever the next iPhone will be... that they make it for Verizon as well. It will be my first iPhone and I'm on Verizon.

I don't wanna wait any longer... but I really don't wanna buy an iPhone 4 if the next one is just around the corner.

Verizon will definitely be getting the next iPhone at the same time as everyone else. Best move Apple ever made in the fight against Android. And I'd hold tight on a new phone till at least September. Apple has to release a new phone soon, especially if they want to stay in the game against Android. They can't expect a phone that's more than a year old to keep selling like crazy forever. Eventually people want something new, and if Apple doesn't provide it, they will go elsewhere.

Samuriajackon
Jun 21, 2011, 07:49 AM

I wish they'd wait a abit or slow the hell down, i can't afford to buy every amazing apple product and I just replaced my3GS with a Verizon white 4....:mad:

TimUSCA
Jun 21, 2011, 07:50 AM
Well there is a lot of people out there that really like this.

I can understand that you dont like the style....

But could you explain to me what you mean by

balance

&

flow

?

The back of it looks nice... and seems like something Apple would design. But the front? No way. Apple would never use that home button, especially being on the edge like that.

TimUSCA
Jun 21, 2011, 07:52 AM
I wish they'd wait a abit or slow the hell down, i can't afford to buy every amazing apple product and I just replaced my3GS with a Verizon white 4....:mad:

Well, come on dude... you had to know that they were coming out with a new one. You should have waited.

Besides, an iPhone 5 doesn't automatically make your iPhone 4 useless. Nobody is forcing you to buy the new one.

Tiger8
Jun 21, 2011, 07:52 AM
Verizon will definitely be getting the next iPhone at the same time as everyone else. Best move Apple ever made in the fight against Android. And I'd hold tight on a new phone till at least September. Apple has to release a new phone soon, especially if they want to stay in the game against Android. They can't expect a phone that's more than a year old to keep selling like crazy forever. Eventually people want something new, and if Apple doesn't provide it, they will go elsewhere.

You summed it up nicely, Apple needs to stay ahead of the game, regardless how great the iPhone 4 is, a lot will prefer to get something newer.

I heard, not sure, that Verizon will get the iPhone but will get it 6 months after September. I highly doubt it though, if anything, I hope the biggest announcement would be that T-Mobile and Sprint will get it too. I would love to go back to Sprint if they get an iPhone. Definitely America's most underrated network

Mr. Gates
Jun 21, 2011, 07:56 AM
The back of it looks nice... and seems like something Apple would design. But the front? No way. Apple would never use that home button, especially being on the edge like that.

I can see that. And your probably right but the screen is what has me drooling.
If Apple believes in the "Magic" of the iPad it must largely be because of the size.

All I want is a little more of that Magic in my pocket

I do think the home button on the current iPhone is in need of an upgrade.It hasn't been revised for 4 generations. I have had many problems with the one on the 4 being un-responsive.

A bigger button would be nice

JohnDoe98
Jun 21, 2011, 07:58 AM
You summed it up nicely, Apple needs to stay ahead of the game, regardless how great the iPhone 4 is, a lot will prefer to get something newer.

I heard, not sure, that Verizon will get the iPhone but will get it 6 months after September. I highly doubt it though, if anything, I hope the biggest announcement would be that T-Mobile and Sprint will get it too. I would love to go back to Sprint if they get an iPhone. Definitely America's most underrated network

People are clamoring for a new iphone, and they will get it but there isn't all that much that they can add to it. I think what we will see is a truly World Phone release along with iOS 5 installed on it from the start (it'll be unlocked). It'll work on Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, ATT bands. It'll be an A5 chip with a bump in the camera specs. It'll likely double up on the ram at the same time, and it might allow for display mirroring like the ipad 2 does so that you can turn it into a gaming controller for when playing games through airplay. There isn't going to be much more than that though (also, expect the ipod touch to have similar features).

Skika
Jun 21, 2011, 08:12 AM
iPhone 4S

Oh MacRumors you so silly.

MonkeySee....
Jun 21, 2011, 08:17 AM

Then call it iPhone 4.5

Image (http://www.cellphonesmarket.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ultra-thin-next-gen-iphone-concept.jpg)

This image was chucked about has a concept for the iPhone 4. I wish it would go away.

GooMan
Jun 21, 2011, 08:19 AM
I wonder how many people thought the successor to iPhone 3G would be called iPhone 3GS (I'm assuming not very many). I kinda hope Apple calls the next version iPhone 4S just so all these people saying IT IS NOT GOING TO BE CALLED 4S (with zero knowledge or info) will be wrong. :cool:

adeloren
Jun 21, 2011, 08:24 AM
I wonder how many people thought the successor to iPhone 3G would be called iPhone 3GS (I'm assuming not very many). I kinda hope Apple calls the next version iPhone 4S just so all these people saying IT IS NOT GOING TO BE CALLED 4S (with zero knowledge or info) will be wrong. :cool:

1 - 2g / iphone
2 - 3g
3 - 3gs
4 - 4

5 - 4s? - (i dont think so)
6 - 6? (would they call the 6th generation iphone 5? or skip it?)

just doesnt make much sense now that they are on track with generations. the 3gs was probably just to line up the generations. I dont think they are going to mess it up again. Thats just me tho.

tbrinkma
Jun 21, 2011, 08:39 AM

It looks ok, but that 'Home' button would constantly be getting pressed while the phone was in your pocket.

scott911
Jun 21, 2011, 08:48 AM
Just come out with it already! My current phone, a 3G, has a battery that doesn't take or hold a chanrge well.

Obviously - I keep my phones a while, so I'm going to wait to get the new model so I can stretch it's life to the max...

GorgonPhone
Jun 21, 2011, 08:53 AM

i will only get it if it has a bigger screen

Mr. Gates
Jun 21, 2011, 08:56 AM
This image was chucked about has a concept for the iPhone 4. I wish it would go away.

What , this one

http://bluefaqs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/iphone-concept.jpeg

:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D

Anyway, I love it aside from the button.

MonkeySee....
Jun 21, 2011, 09:01 AM
What , this one

Image (http://bluefaqs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/iphone-concept.jpeg)

:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D

Youuuuuuuu!!! :D

Thunderhawks
Jun 21, 2011, 09:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Teenagers have a different way of evaluating things due to a lack of experience in anything. Due to penis envy they always have to outdo somebody or something, not realizing all that matters is what works for YOU!

So, not worth answering.

We know what we have and the next iphone will be a good device too.

Everybody who doesn't like it, doesn't have to buy it.

Where is the problem?

outlawarth
Jun 21, 2011, 09:16 AM
Bring on the next iPhone !

Centient
Jun 21, 2011, 09:17 AM

Same here. Toss the button, and honestly, toss the notification light too. Keep the clutter to a minimum.

PCClone
Jun 21, 2011, 09:42 AM

To me, the most important thing is making calls and running apps. After all, this is just a phone.

Moof1904
Jun 21, 2011, 09:44 AM
I agree 100%...

It isnt going to be called 4s. People should use thier common sense and realize it.

I bought an iPhone 4 two weeks ago and then decided that I'd rather wait for the 5. I returned the 4 last night (no restocking fee!) and switched back to my 3G. When the person at the AT&T store asked why I was returning the 4, I said that I've decided to wait for the 5. She responded, "It's going to be the 4S, not the 5, just like they named the 3GS version."

"Yeah, right," I thought. I'm sure that even though nobody in the entire internet universe knows for sure, Apple has trusted you with this information.

glossywhite
Jun 21, 2011, 09:46 AM

Android has to have something appealing about it - the codename, which it lacks in most other areas. Making a release sound appealing is exactly the opposite of what Apple does with iOS; everyone KNOWS how capable and amazing iOS is, so they don't need a silly pudding name to make it better! :D :D

DrTryHard
Jun 21, 2011, 09:56 AM

If I were you I would get unlimited data while you still can. It's ending July 7th. So if you use practically any data you will have lots of overages. Just get an iPhone 4. It will work just fine.

mccldwll
Jun 21, 2011, 10:01 AM
I agree 100%...

Common sense? LOL. This is Macrumors.

maclaptop
Jun 21, 2011, 10:14 AM
Don't get excited, it's looking like a milk toast, warmed over model. At this rate it _will_ take Apple a year to create a really great iPhone. Still recovering from Antennagate, this phone is a mere placeholder while they sort out iOS5.

There are many unanswered questions that remain about iCloud. Late to the concept of cloud computing, Apples got some catching up to do on several fronts.

I have faith they will catch up rather quickly but due to their work load, I don't see anything of significance for the next year. Most of the delays are self induced, as they attempt to get their customers trained to use iCloud the Apple Way.

Past history with the complete flop and burial of MobileMe is a credible indicator of Apples apprenticeship I the cloud.

mccldwll
Jun 21, 2011, 10:28 AM
Don't get excited, it's looking like a milk toast, warmed over model. At this rate it _will_ take Apple a year to create a really great iPhone. Still recovering from Antennagate, this phone is a mere placeholder while they sort out iOS5.

There are many unanswered questions that remain about iCloud. Late to the concept of cloud computing, Apples got some catching up to do on several fronts.

I have faith they will catch up rather quickly but due to their work load, I don't see anything of significance for the next year. Most of the delays are self induced, as they attempt to get their customers trained to use iCloud the Apple Way.

Past history with the complete flop and burial of MobileMe is a credible indicator of Apples apprenticeship I the cloud.

Late to the concept of cloud computing? Yet another post by the Troll.

kirk26
Jun 21, 2011, 11:05 AM

As far as I know Apple releases a new iPhone about once every year.

eoin3-
Jun 21, 2011, 11:27 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

"...the only one." ;)

cvaldes
Jun 21, 2011, 11:43 AM
You aren't expected to buy everything Apple releases.

It's about the overall marketplace, not just you. Your specific amount of disposable income is irrelevant to Apple Inc.

Benjamins
Jun 21, 2011, 01:33 PM
Oh so you just need to change the case design in order to be called am iPhone (n+1) otherwise it's just (s).

No wonder HTC, Samsung, Motorola keeps re-releasing the same phone with different case.

Benjamins
Jun 21, 2011, 01:34 PM
Sorry but Android users have been enjoying the new features of the so called most advanced phone os since day one :cool:

most advanced phone os features like not crashing? LOL

jonnysods
Jun 21, 2011, 02:12 PM
I hope that it doesn't drop as many calls as my phone does. I've dropped around 7 in the last two weeks in good reception areas. That's after a restore as well. Some days I have to turn the wireless off to get better reception.

iPhone 5, here we come!

maclaptop
Jun 21, 2011, 02:13 PM
Apple is probably just as sick of the fragile glass phones as we are :eek:

pyro008
Jun 21, 2011, 03:00 PM
Teenagers have a different way of evaluating things due to a lack of experience in anything. Due to penis envy they always have to outdo somebody or something, not realizing all that matters is what works for YOU!

Penis envy is when women wish they had a penis. It has no relevance to your statement.
If the iPhone and iPods get released at the same time I don't think it will cause a problem with sales, other than any potential problems due to part supply. How many people actually buy both an iPod and iPhone? I can't imagine there being too many, and I would imagine that in a few years the iPod will die because most people will use their phones for music.
Well many people (such as myself) have more than 32gb of music, so we are forced to buy an ipod and iphone. Not to mention the fact that some people have tons of apps, videos, and pictures which can take up a good portion of their memory and cause them to require a separate device for their music. The ipod will never die because it is a cheaper method of storing music, and the classic will be the only one with such a high capacity for a while.

andrewsd
Jun 21, 2011, 03:27 PM
SHOCKING

Really was this front page worthing.. This is a no brainer!

Michael Scrip
Jun 21, 2011, 04:54 PM

For the last 4 years... Apple has released a new iPhone in the summer.

This year... it's the Fall.

That's an extra 3 months....

ECUpirate44
Jun 21, 2011, 06:07 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

"...the only one." ;)

Yeah okay Tim ;)

I hope you've seen the movie lol

tp1
Jun 22, 2011, 08:50 PM
Image (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/21/decline-in-iphone-orders-ahead-of-next-generation-iphone/)

Image (http://cdn.macrumors.com/article/2010/10/27/154107-iphone_4_sim_slot.jpg)

Digitimes claims (http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110621PD214.html) that Taiwan-based PCB (printed circuit board) supplies have cut their quotes by 10% for the quarter based on a decrease of orders by Apple.These companies reportedly supply parts for iPads and iPhones and expect orders to pick up significantly due to the expected launch of the next generation iPhone ("iPhone 4S") in the 3rd calendar quarter.

The lower demand is presumably related to the iPhone 4 which was released last year. By all accounts, demand for the iPad 2 remains high with another report (http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110621PB200.html) indicating that Apple is expecting continue sales growth in the 3rd quarter for the iPad.

Article Link: Decline in iPhone Orders Ahead of Next Generation iPhone? (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/21/decline-in-iphone-orders-ahead-of-next-generation-iphone/)

If so, I may choose to buy iphone 4.

pavers
Jun 22, 2011, 08:57 PM
will wait for next year's new generation iPhone, instead of enhance version of iPhone 4.