PDA

View Full Version : Migrating Parallels from a MacBook to iMac

dkohara
Jun 21, 2011, 10:17 AM
Hi, i've just got myself an iMac and have been through the Migration process from the MacBook, but I got an error when it tried to move the Parallels installation (file too big?), meaning that I have to do it manually now. Is there an easy way to do this, or is it simply a matter of copying over the virtual machine file and the installed windows files to the iMac?

ParallelsCS
Jun 22, 2011, 11:55 AM
Hi, i've just got myself an iMac and have been through the Migration process from the MacBook, but I got an error when it tried to move the Parallels installation (file too big?), meaning that I have to do it manually now. Is there an easy way to do this, or is it simply a matter of copying over the virtual machine file and the installed windows files to the iMac?

Hey dkohara,

This is a member of the Customer Support team! Glad to help you out...

So I found this forum thread that addresses your same issue: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=22346

Basically you could perhaps install PD on your new Mac. Don't start PD on your old Mac. Copy your VM folder to your new Mac and then adjust the Permissions Repair on your new Mac.