Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I'm looking for some games to play on my aging MacBook that are Universal or Intel only.... so I can transfer when Lion comes around.

I downloaded the demo for AoE3 but when I went to play it, the buttons didn't have any words on them. Is this normal play or just something weird with the demo/installation. I tried reinstalling and had the same thing.

It's a bit expensive and I don't want to drop that kind of money on it if I'm going to have to guess at menu buttons.

Ekhiel

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
Hi,

I had the same problem with the full version of Aoe3.

All went fine after I downloaded and installed the patch to upgrade the game to last version.

Works like a charm now.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Were you on a CD MacBook?

The game ran fine when I was playing it, the little I played, It was going through the tutorial and asked me to open a menu or something. I clicked a few things, got fed up, and quit.

I know the graphics aren't that great on this and want to make sure it'll play ok.

Ekhiel

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
no, didn't try it on a macbook.
But I'm sure I had only buttons without any words on it before patching the game.
Try to see if there is also a patch for the demo maybe...

CarlosG

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2006
I'm not sure I fully understood the bit about transferring when Lion comes out, but, did you know that Lion won't work with the CoreDuo. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

link

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I'm not sure I fully understood the bit about transferring when Lion comes out, but, did you know that Lion won't work with the CoreDuo. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

link

Yeah, sorry, I didn't think it to be relevant to type out. I'm planning to maybe update my MacBook (MacBook unibody, 2.4 Ghz sounds nice) and I'm HOPING I can transfer over my saved game stuff to the new MacBook.

After I submitted the other one, I thought it might confuse some people but didn't think to go back and clarify. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.