Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

graydog7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2011
Hi, I'm putting a database app together using SqLite with the latest Xcode 4.2 (Build 4C104). I'm using IOS 5 beta on an iPhone4.

When I run the App on the simulator everything is fine but when I select the iPhone and run it I get a blank tableview on the iPhone and an sqlresult of 1 in the Xcode output window.

Checking the doc's it seems that "Sqlresult 1" is a no database error, so I think the database is not being copied to the phone. The database IS in the project resources tree, So i'm wondering if there is something I need to do to deploy it to the phone with the App? I've spent ages going over the options in Xcode and the Organiser but I can't find anything.

Then again, it might just be that it's not entirely compatible with IOS 5 yet?

Can anyone help me with this one?

graydog7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2011
I'm having the same issue. Anyone have any further information on this?

-Justin

For me this was an Idiot mistake!! I eventually noticed that the name of my database started with a capital letter, but in my code I'd used all lowercase.

What's a bit irritating is that it worked OK on the simulator. the real IOS device is obviously much stricter about that.

Hope this is what's causing your problem.

GH

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
For me this was an Idiot mistake!! I eventually noticed that the name of my database started with a capital letter, but in my code I'd used all lowercase.

What's a bit irritating is that it worked OK on the simulator. the real IOS device is obviously much stricter about that.

Hope this is what's causing your problem.

GH

Most people have their HFS+ drives on their Macs formatted as case-insensitive but case retaining. What you described works on this sort of FS. The iPhone is case-sensitive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.