Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Berardi3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Just wondering I have a new MBA 11.6 had it charging overnight and it only shows 98% with the charger still plugged in and went to the apple store today and their demos also show the same percentage what gives?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Just wondering I have a new MBA 11.6 had it charging overnight and it only shows 98% with the charger still plugged in and went to the apple store today and their demos also show the same percentage what gives?
It's normal that the battery stops charging between 93% and 99%. For details, read the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

Blondie :)

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Prescott, AZ

You need to calibrate your battery. If it's been a while since you've calibrated, sometimes the battery does not show "100%" charge when the battery is fully charged.

The computers in the apple store show the same thing, but for a different reason. They have been plugged in forever. After an extended time of being plugged in, battery percentage will very slowly drop.

Both conditions are perfectly normal. No need to worry, just calibrate your battery via apples instructions: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.6/en/9036.html

Hope this helps

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You need to calibrate your battery. If it's been a while since you've calibrated, sometimes the battery does not show "100%" charge when the battery is fully charged.
It's not a calibration issue. Read my earlier post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.