Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpsubbarayalu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Chennai
Hi All,

Is there possible to transfer file from one iphone to another iphone via bluetooth?

If anybody having any idea,Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance,

jpsubbarayalu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Chennai
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.Now i can able to transfer data from one iphone to another iphone using GameKit API.

But i want to transfer a file, not data.Like browse a file,and select that particular file and send it to the connected device[Its connected via Bluetooth].

Whether do u have any idea,about this?

Thanks in Advance.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Yeah I dont think this is possible as I've tried a few times between iPhones. I really want to know why its not possible because sending ringtones and photos would be great. :mad:

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
Transferring data from one iOS device to another is possible via bluetooth. Your 'easy to use' options are Bonjour and I believe Game Kit. Bonjour will also allow you to use WiFi with other devices such as OS X systems.

This might be a starting point; Introduction to NSNetServices and CFNetServices Programming Guide, Internet and Networking Starting Point, iOS Networking & Internet

Check out Apple sample code WiTap.

Bump has a FAQ about their product. Looks like they use the cloud exclusively. Since iOS devices only talk to other iOS devices via bluetooth, without special Apple clearance, they use an alternative that allows talking to other non-Apple devices.

I haven't run Bump. I have to wonder if it can even be used with an iPod touch.

mun35

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2011
GameKit uses bluetooth right? Can an app using GameKit could at least scan for nearby discoverable devices?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green

Sykte

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Your 'easy to use' options are Bonjour and I believe Game Kit. Bonjour will also allow you to use WiFi with other devices such as OS X systems

Bonjour is a discovery service, you will need to work with NSInput/Output Streams or further down like CFStream.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.