PDA

View Full Version : Bungie's Marathon Officially Coming to iPad

MacRumors
Jun 24, 2011, 03:12 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/24/bungies-marathon-officially-coming-to-ipad/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/06/SMALL-IMG_0060.png

Early Beta screenshot
Bungie has posted (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=marathon_ipad) on their official blog an interview with iOS developer Daniel Blezek who has been working on porting Marathon to the iPad. Blezek has been working (http://toucharcade.com/2011/02/05/aleph-one-the-marathon-trilogy-is-headed-for-the-ipad/) on this project for some time but there were initially questions about the legal issue of related to distributing Marathon's original level packs.

Based on notes from the interview, however, it seems that this is now a Bungie-sanctioned port.For many, Marathon will invoke a wave of nostalgia; for others, this will be the first experience with the seminal Mac FPS. I hope all players appreciate Bungie's commitment to their fans. It's not every company who would support bringing a 16 year old game back to life!Marathon is a first person shooter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_(video_game)) developer by Bungie Software for the Macintosh in 1994. It was a Mac exclusive launch and was released shortly after Doom was first released for the PC. Bungie later went on to be acquired by Microsoft and released the popular Halo game series for the Xbox. Halo was originally developed for the Mac as well, but the release was delayed after Microsoft's acquisition.

The iPad version of the game has reportedly been submitted and will be released for free.

Article Link: Bungie's Marathon Officially Coming to iPad (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/24/bungies-marathon-officially-coming-to-ipad/)

gkarris
Jun 24, 2011, 03:15 PM
Liking it - but it's more fun on an old Mac... ;)

CFreymarc
Jun 24, 2011, 03:16 PM
If they get this out for iPad, I would love to see Oni get out. That was one game that was rushed out too fast. The surge in anime interest in the USA could really turn Oni into what it should have been in the first place.

diamond.g
Jun 24, 2011, 03:18 PM
If they get this out for iPad, I would love to see Oni get out. That was one game that was rushed out too fast. The surge in anime interest in the USA could really turn Oni into what it should have been in the first place.

I wonder how this is impacting any new stuff they are working on...

La Porta
Jun 24, 2011, 03:19 PM
All I can say is...THIS IS HUGE!!! I still fire up Marathon on my old iMac DV now and then. My love from middle school returns!

jowie
Jun 24, 2011, 03:22 PM
I remember me and my friend playing this game in a dark room with the sound through a big amp... When those aliens suddenly appeared behind us we used to scream like little girls :D

classic!

Dctape
Jun 24, 2011, 03:23 PM
I feel like I should download it, study for an hour for finals, then brush off the rest of the night playing while hopped up on Mtn. Dew and gummy bears! Just like old times!

Reach
Jun 24, 2011, 03:24 PM
Awesome news! :D

arn
Jun 24, 2011, 03:25 PM
video of original Mac version

g2x-kaFvLEA

smoge
Jun 24, 2011, 03:26 PM
oh no more clutter on the app store ffs

Baron58
Jun 24, 2011, 03:34 PM
Awesome news! :D

...but only if it includes the 'cheats' for having all weapons/unlimited ammo/unlimited lives/unlimited health. :D:D

ri0ku
Jun 24, 2011, 03:36 PM
oh no more clutter on the app store ffs

I could say the same thing about your posts....:rolleyes:

IzzyJG99
Jun 24, 2011, 03:39 PM
If they were smart they would re-release it for the Mac via the App Store. Along with it's sequels which if I recall did have primitive and quite slow online play. I'd play the HELL outta that game.

Consultant
Jun 24, 2011, 03:42 PM
I thought there's a better looking graphics available from Aleph One

Grannyville7989
Jun 24, 2011, 03:48 PM
I've never played Marathon and they didn't port the first game onto DOS/Windows. Would it be worth getting a copy of the game? I have an old iMac running Mac OS 9, assuming it runs on that.

inkswamp
Jun 24, 2011, 03:50 PM
Always had a soft-spot for Marathon, it being the first FPS video game that I ever played. On top of that, it also had a compelling story which was very unusual for its day and something that made it well ahead of its time. I'll definitely give this a go, but my only concern is that controls for FPS games on iPad generally stink. Hopefully they offer enough customization options to alleviate that.

treellama
Jun 24, 2011, 03:51 PM
You can play all three of the Marathon games for free in Mac OS X using Aleph One:
http://source.bungie.org/

</shameless plug>

pknz
Jun 24, 2011, 04:05 PM

You can play all three of the Marathon games for free in Mac OS X using Aleph One:
http://source.bungie.org/

</shameless plug>

Yeah, I still play it online on my Mac Pro sometimes. Great fun!

Doctor Q
Jun 24, 2011, 04:05 PM
Is there an iPad version of Castle Wolfenstein?

Bonch
Jun 24, 2011, 04:09 PM
What the hell Pfhor!

*LTD*
Jun 24, 2011, 04:20 PM
FINALLY.

An FPS series actually worth playing. The series had a permanent home on my PowerPC 6100/60.

I love this website:

http://marathon.bungie.org/story/

pubwvj
Jun 24, 2011, 04:34 PM
"It's not every company who would support bringing a 16 year old game back to life!"

Apple could help with this.

The modern hardware is plenty powerful enough to run all the old software in emulation mode. Apple could provide emulation of everything right back to the Apple I computer. This would require no effort on the developer's part and virtually all software would then run fine.

Apple could go even further for most software and offer cross compilation. This could be done at the developer level for developers who want to tweak and improve. This could also be done at the user machine level the first time you run a program. Cross compiled would make it even faster than just-in-time-compiled or emulated.

bentoms
Jun 24, 2011, 04:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

FINALLY.

An FPS series actually worth playing. The series had a permanent home on my PowerPC 6100/60.

I love this website:

http://marathon.bungie.org/story/

That site's a life's work!!

Undecided
Jun 24, 2011, 04:37 PM
"They're everywhere!"

NAG
Jun 24, 2011, 04:44 PM

I don't think they own the rights to Oni. I wouldn't mind them trying to get the rights back but I'm more interested in them starting something new (and hopefully it isn't a Halo style FPS).

Oh, related to Halo...I think it is pretty funny that the iOS Halo clone got ported over to Mac the other day and Bungie releases a Halo app for iOS. It's funky reverse week!

WardC
Jun 24, 2011, 04:45 PM
Totally awesome!!! I am huge Marathon fan and I can still remember playing Marathon 2 over AppleTalk with my old PowerBook 5300cs using a Mini-DIN cable (yes, old AppleTalk networking). And it worked well, too! I hope they have multiplayer arena support in this port of Marathon to the iPad, and I hope they release the full series (Marathon, Marathon 2, and Marathon Infinity). They were all great games...much better than DOOM in my opinion.

*LTD*
"It's not every company who would support bringing a 16 year old game back to life!"

Apple could help with this.

The modern hardware is plenty powerful enough to run all the old software in emulation mode. Apple could provide emulation of everything right back to the Apple I computer. This would require no effort on the developer's part and virtually all software would then run fine.

Apple could go even further for most software and offer cross compilation. This could be done at the developer level for developers who want to tweak and improve. This could also be done at the user machine level the first time you run a program. Cross compiled would make it even faster than just-in-time-compiled or emulated.

We're talking about porting a game, not bringing back Rosetta. ;)

Totally awesome!!! I am huge Marathon fan and I can still remember playing Marathon 2 over AppleTalk with my old PowerBook 5300cs using a Mini-DIN cable (yes, old AppleTalk networking). And it worked well, too! I hope they have multiplayer arena support in this port of Marathon to the iPad, and I hope they release the full series (Marathon, Marathon 2, and Marathon Infinity). They were all great games...much better than DOOM in my opinion.

Doom was puerile junk compared to Marathon.

Marathon's storyline alone was incredibly deep.

Silverfist
For this, I will buy a Fling.

...And lose HOURS of otherwise productive free time.

motulist
Jun 24, 2011, 04:48 PM
Free? Why is it free? I don't see any iAds on that screenshot. Why would they do this for free?

thomaus
Jun 24, 2011, 05:01 PM
Free? Why is it free? I don't see any iAds on that screenshot. Why would they do this for free?

My guess it that it's a scam to get more people (me) to finally buy an iPad.

I was cleaning the basement this past week, and came across the old floppies and manual. I was trying to decide whether to keep them for nostalgia or trash them...they didn't make the cut. But it made me sad.

KnightWRX
Jun 24, 2011, 05:01 PM

Are you complaining ?

My guess it that it's a scam to get more people (me) to finally buy an iPad.

What does a 3rd party developer care that you buy an iPad or not ? :rolleyes:

Eric5h5
Jun 24, 2011, 05:11 PM

It's been free for a long time. (And really free, as in the whole thing, not just the engine and some demo levels.) They probably made enough $$ from Halo. ;)

--Eric

AP_piano295
Jun 24, 2011, 05:13 PM
We're talking about porting a game, not bringing back Rosetta. ;)

Doom was puerile junk compared to Marathon.

Did you ever play the Myth games? I've loved everything that Bungie ever made :D

nsB
Jun 24, 2011, 05:14 PM
Very cool, I had pc's back in the day and grew up with wolfenstien and doom, and never had a chance to play marathon. One more reason to get an ipad soon :)

840quadra
Jun 24, 2011, 05:33 PM

Agreed!

Gotta use the old Mac hardware we collect for something good ;)

*LTD*
Jun 24, 2011, 05:35 PM
Shame the controls will suck :(
The 2nd one on Xbox 360 is mega win.

There are quite a few FPS titles on the App Store where no one is complaining about the controls. There's a way to implement them properly, and also a way to screw them up. Either way, it appears that users are becoming more and more accustomed to the way touch-screens work in this regard.

Earendil
Jun 24, 2011, 05:43 PM
"They're everywhere!"

You have no clue how many times a year a say this in the voice of a BoB and think that it's common knowledge. No one but my brother ever gets it, but it comes out so naturally...

Hemingray
Jun 24, 2011, 05:46 PM
FROG BLAST THE VENT CORE!!

Ahh, Marathon. Happy memories! :) I am SO glad to see that Bungie has given their blessing to getting these games ported to the iPad! I was beginning to think they had abandoned Halo's roots.

I bought the games way back before they were free, and I still enjoy them to this day on a MacBook Pro running AlephOne.

Yes, I am a proud ViD Master.

*LTD*
Jun 24, 2011, 05:52 PM
FROG BLAST THE VENT CORE!!

Ahh, Marathon. Happy memories! :) I am SO glad to see that Bungie has given their blessing to getting these games ported to the iPad! I was beginning to think they had abandoned Halo's roots.

I bought the games way back before they were free, and I still enjoy them to this day on a MacBook Pro running AlephOne.

Yes, I am a proud ViD Master.

Wave Cannon FTW.

But it would all be so much less interesting without Durandal's musings.

InuNacho
Jun 24, 2011, 06:00 PM
And thus the quest for the Pirated Copland Beta starts again.

lilcosco08
Jun 24, 2011, 06:32 PM
I'm sort of hoping bungie starts making games for Mac as retaliation for Microsoft replacing them with 343 for halo

dmjossel
Jun 24, 2011, 06:44 PM

Bungie does not own Oni's rights. Oni's rights belong to Take Two.

dmjossel
Jun 24, 2011, 06:47 PM
If they were smart they would re-release it for the Mac via the App Store. Along with it's sequels which if I recall did have primitive and quite slow online play. I'd play the HELL outta that game.

Aleph One runs on OSX, Windows and Linux already, so there's really not much need for this. Even the scenarios are available.

http://source.bungie.org

Also, while the original games did have primitive (AppleTalk) network play, it wasn't slow-- just the transport networks of the day were slow. The Aleph One engine supports TCP/IP online play and it'll be as fast as your connection allows.

Marathon 2 was also ported to Xbox Live Arcade, and that port features online play, including Halo-style matchmaking playlists.

AppleMacDudeG4
Jun 24, 2011, 06:59 PM
I did not own a Mac back when this game was out. Looking forward to playing it on my iPad.

Mr_Brightside_@
Jun 24, 2011, 08:48 PM
All over the ship, dancing through the wreckage of the Pfhor computer core, DURANDAL WAS LAUGHING
this makes my sig so relevant

toddybody
Jun 24, 2011, 09:58 PM
I loved playing this game when I was little. I'd gladly pay for this, but at the price of $0.00...Im completely excited.

THANK YOU DAN B. for all you hard work, and Bungie for not being corporate jerks like many others. Stay well!

ericmooreart
Jun 24, 2011, 10:25 PM
had this game on my Performa 460, 030 motorola processor, with 4mb of ram. 8mb with ram doubler:D

iLilana
Jun 25, 2011, 12:03 AM

oni needs an update for sure. That was a great game.

kallisti
Jun 25, 2011, 12:24 AM
God how I loved Marathon when it first came out. Sucked up more free time than I care to admit.

iWonderwhy
Jun 25, 2011, 12:26 AM
Used to play this all the time on my old Macintosh Performa 6300. :)

jglavin
Jun 25, 2011, 01:43 AM
My Centris 650 had trouble in Fullscreen... I remember being envious of my friends' Quadras and Performas.

Then I got a G3 and it was on :cool:

Object-X
Jun 25, 2011, 01:51 AM
How about some Myth II love? Nice Bungie. We be nice to them if they be nice to us.

Alaerian
Jun 25, 2011, 01:53 AM
I'm embarrassed that I've never played the original! I suppose I'll have to pick this up and see what the fuss is about :)

AoxomoxoA
Jun 25, 2011, 02:18 AM
I had 2 copies which meant 4 serial numbers from Bungie that I got for a great deal at a Macworld show back then. I wired up my office with Appletalk so we could play multiplayer free-for-all matches every afternoon after work.

Best map ever... 'Better than Sex'

kalsta
Jun 25, 2011, 02:49 AM
Probably my best memory of one of my first full-time jobs was when my boss (and this was his main redeeming quality) got fed up with work and would go, screw it, lets play Marathon!

For a while I was the only one who knew where the rocket launcher was hidden. Not many people get the chance to take their frustration out on their boss by exploding him into a million tiny pieces. :D Good memories!

ranReloaded
Jun 25, 2011, 05:36 AM
...And you have to shoot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!?

AppleMacDudeG4
Jun 25, 2011, 05:43 AM
Is there an iPad version of Castle Wolfenstein?

I do not think it has been ported but there is a version of Wolfenstein 3D for iOS.

jseg2005
Jun 25, 2011, 07:52 AM
Having been born in the technology age, Marathon was the first video game I ever played. When my parents bought the first tower PPC I used (We had several before that but it was the first I could remember) we bought Marathon and the original Warcraft. This game was great, and I look forward to having another game on my iPad just for nostalgic purposes, although I will probably never have time to play all the way through. Just like Altered Beast by Sega...

ctakim
Jun 25, 2011, 09:44 AM
Awesome memory jolt. Durandal, the Phfor, and of course the suicide BoBs! And the mysterious Marine!:)

Pared
Jun 25, 2011, 11:48 AM
Free?

Did I just read that right? FREE???

This gem of a game will be mine. OH YES - it will be mine.

BigBadErik
Jun 25, 2011, 02:59 PM
Bungie...bring Myth/Myth2 to the iPad...oh, P-P-P-P-LEASE bring Myth!

Eric5h5
Jun 25, 2011, 03:11 PM
Bungie doesn't have the rights to Myth, so they won't be able to do an iPad version.

--Eric

Old Muley
Jun 25, 2011, 09:00 PM
oni needs an update for sure. That was a great game.

Oni was one of my favorite games as well. I remember it being heavily promoted as one of the first games to run on OSX. When updates finally killed it, I found a copy for my son's Playstation 2. Sadly that option is no longer a viable one since his PS3 doesn't play PS2 games.

I think a great game port for the iPad would be Descent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_(video_game)). Accelerometer control would be awesome.

bbbb4b
Jun 25, 2011, 09:08 PM
Yay! I knew one day there would be a reason for me to buy an iPad! :p

I have the PowerComputing "swag" CD from Macworld '96. It contains the "Bob LeVitus Must Die!" version of Marathon 2.
Damn those were exciting times. Thats the year of the Quadra / Performa 630 series came out. Ground breaking system at that time. Built-in CD player. Infrared port with remote. whole "motherboard" slid out the back via a pull-tab drawer. and Apple's first IDE hard drive. All at a ridiculously cheap price for Apple. (we just couldn't believe this thing had a "built-in" CD player at that price)

lostngone
Jun 26, 2011, 01:08 AM
Bungie turned its back on the Mac community and I refuse to give them my money!

However, as long as Bungie doesn't see a dime I guess I am alright with it.

pknz
Jun 26, 2011, 03:03 AM
"They're everywhere!"

"Stop shooting me!"

Quadra610
Jun 26, 2011, 10:07 AM
"Stop shooting me!"

"Footprints?"

mdesbiens
Jun 26, 2011, 12:32 PM

Bungie released the Marathon series as open source software just before MS bought them out (presumably so MS wouldn't own it). Bungie is completely irrelevant to this story... other than the tremendous amount of credit they deserve for originally making the series.

Being Bungie sanctioned, as the article states, is completely inconsequential to the development and release. This would be like saying the Firefox browser is sanctioned by Netscape (I know, I know, Mozilla was... but that was a long time ago).

Daniel Blezek deserves credit for bringing Marathon to the iPad, the article serves to discredit his work by indicating that Bungie has anything to do with this at all (besides blogging about it). The fact that there is no mention at all of Aleph One, the engine that will no doubt be used, and depriving credit to all it's developers is downright rude of MR.

steadysignal
Jun 26, 2011, 04:22 PM
All I can say is...THIS IS HUGE!!! I still fire up Marathon on my old iMac DV now and then. My love from middle school returns!

welcome to 1990.

why is this so huge? it looks ridiculous.

milatchi
Jun 26, 2011, 04:52 PM
Doom was puerile junk compared to Marathon. I disagree. Marathon is all right but compared to Doom, Marathon's movement is awkward, its level designs a convoluted jumble, and its graphical textures murky -- chalk it up to ambiance if you want, but I think it was more inexperience on Bungie's part and the insufficient hardware of the time.
I found Durandal to be a much better game and still play it every few months on my Xbox 360.

Very much agreed.

osxhero
Jun 26, 2011, 07:49 PM
I still mourn the fact that Bungie had to move to Microsoft while Apple was in a downward spiral. I hope their new ventures lead to exciting OSX / iOS ventures we can all love. :)

dmjossel
Jun 26, 2011, 11:13 PM
I disagree. Marathon is all right but compared to Doom, Marathon's movement is awkward, its level designs a convoluted jumble, and its graphical textures murky -- chalk it up to ambiance if you want, but I think it was more inexperience on Bungie's part and the insufficient hardware of the time.
I found Durandal to be a much better game and still play it every few months on my Xbox 360.

Very much agreed.

None of the above (whether one agrees or not) really refutes the initial point, which is more about the content. Doom's premise is, to be charitable, threadbare, the thinnest possible excuse for putting the player in an environment they say is a base on Mars and fighting against demons from hell. There really isn't any more to it than that, and the mixture of environment designs is schizophrenic to say the least, a trend that would continue in iD's next hit, Quake.

Marathon creates a detailed and believable world, with art direction working harmoniously with the text of the story told through the game's AI terminals. Effort was put into making the maps functional and believable in many cases, and Marathon's world is not, generally speaking, strewn with burning, explosive barrels for no reason other than that they blow up real good.

Level designs a convoluted jumble? One might well say that they took advantage of the pseudo 3D of the time to make legitimate labyrinths that required a deliberate effort to explore, something that rarely is the case in today's high definition shooters, and something I miss.

Murky textures? I don't think we're talking about the same game. Textures onboard the colony ship Marathon are shiny and high-tech; it's actually Doom that's muddy a lot of the time, with everything moving towards a muddy red-brown as the game progresses and the player ventures further and further into Hell. Often, Doom levels appeared to be entirely abstract, and the idea of being on an extraplanetary base or on the surface of another world was more a mild suggestion.

No disagreement that Marathon 2 is in many ways a superior game, but I felt at the time and feel now that in many ways that are important, Marathon was a competent and fully-realized story-based shooter in ways that Doom in all its incarnations, new and old, never really was. In many ways Marathon is better than its stepchild, Halo.

ckleerun
Jun 26, 2011, 11:29 PM
I ignored the "Marathon Demo" on my Iomega Zip disk for the longest time, thinking it was a sports game. When I finally fired it up, I got hooked pretty fast. At some point Marathon 2 was bundled with ∞, so I bought that and played the heck out of both. Anyone remember the Marathon Evil skin?

hmm...

*eyes the PM7500 that hasn't been fired up in months*

MartiNZ
Jun 26, 2011, 11:29 PM
I disagree. Marathon is all right but compared to Doom, Marathon's movement is awkward, its level designs a convoluted jumble, and its graphical textures murky -- chalk it up to ambiance if you want, but I think it was more inexperience on Bungie's part and the insufficient hardware of the time.

Gosh, comparing Marathon to Doom and finding it wanting? The only part I'd agree with in that is about the graphical textures - their sets were just a bit more confused, but still the quality of the graphics was better than in even Marathon 2 in many ways.

Movement in Marathon I still believe is the best and most realistic-feeling of any FPS ever. One really felt like the character was running with the incorporation of head-bob into the motion, and it was far less motion-sickness headache inducing than any other FPS's.

Level design was what it could be at the time. They made multiple levels in 2.5D space work remarkably well compared to the competition of the time. Sometimes mazelike design was a bit surprising for depicting the inside of a spaceship inside a moon, but they made for pretty awesome gameplay nonetheless. And the storytelling style that went with it all, I doubt will ever be surpassed.

News that they're still working on this for iPad is something to look forward to if I ever work out any other reason to get one.

MattInOz
Jun 27, 2011, 12:42 AM
Some times I think it was the many hours of "group study" marathon style that got me by in the sleep deprived final years of uni.

TitanJeff
Jun 27, 2011, 06:05 PM
I want me some Bolo too!

zen.state
Jun 27, 2011, 09:08 PM
I used to play Marathon a lot in the late 90's. Came in a Bungie bundle I bought along with another classic called Abuse.

MartiNZ
Jun 27, 2011, 11:07 PM
I want me some Bolo too!

Ah yes. Maybe they could finally hit version 1 of Bolo - it never went past 0.99.7 if I recall.... While we're at it, revive the project to do iOS Armor Alley!

StephenCampbell
Jun 27, 2011, 11:08 PM
I've actually been playing Marathon 2 on my Mac Pro recently. There's some way to run it on intel.. I don't remember how I set it up, but it works great, haha.

kjaanbutt
Jun 27, 2011, 11:12 PM
No, I don't learn television languages...there isn't any point. Anyhow, I doubt it would be terribly hard for anyone to figure out Nav'i. There were only 500 words or so coined for the language, to say nothing of the fact that artificial languages--produced by a PhD or not--are always infinitely simpler than the real deal.

CFreymarc
Jun 30, 2011, 06:18 PM
Bungie does not own Oni's rights. Oni's rights belong to Take Two.

Then they have no excuse to deal with the Bungie / Microsoft buyout IP issues. Oni on iOS would kick butt!

dmjossel
Jun 30, 2011, 11:09 PM
Then they have no excuse to deal with the Bungie / Microsoft buyout IP issues. Oni on iOS would kick butt!

I'm not sure what you mean by excuse. Take Two owned 19.9% of Bungie, and when Microsoft purchased the company, Take Two received the rights to the Oni and Myth franchises in return for their shares.

Now that Bungie has been spun off, that doesn't change the fact that Bungie doesn't own Oni. Take Two does. If Bungie wants the Oni rights, they'll have to buy them back, and they're probably worth more to Bungie than to anyone else. So the question becomes, does Bungie want to spend on that, or do they just want to forge ahead and do new things? Given that they're about to leave Halo behind in the care of MS and 343 Industries, I think they're better off pursuing new projects unless Take Two is offering up Oni for a song, but I think that's unlikely, even if Oni hasn't done anything for them lately-- it's hard to justify letting go of even an unproductive property if it doesn't bring value.

iMouse
Jul 1, 2011, 10:55 AM
You know...I was just observing how many people preferred M2: Durandal over the original. Maybe it is just me, but I didn't really like M2's setting and lack of background music.

M2's UI was much better as it didn't leave over 1/2 of the screen to the HUD, but Marathon was also designed to run on equipment as old as a 68020.

The storyline is unforgettable, the music was amazing for the time, BoBs screaming and running around, Juggernauts (need I say more?), Durandal's demeanor, and the challenging puzzles to get in and out of areas are all what makes this game a classic.

Smells like napalm, tastes like chicken!

CFreymarc
Jul 2, 2011, 02:23 AM
it's hard to justify letting go of even an unproductive property if it doesn't bring value.

That's what she said!